16

Atlanta

With summer approaching I had to convince Demi to let me fly to Seattle. I had to work fast.

"Hey Demi I'm heading for school, I'll see you later!"

"Okay! Don't forget I'm picking you up for the meeting!" She smiled. "Okay!"

I ran out the door, and through the gate to meet up with Blu and Odessa. "Ah, my scissor sisters back together again." Blu laughed. "Oh my god that's horrible." Odessa laughed. "We gotta hit up Damon's house. I'm out of pills." I sighed. "Yeah me too." Odessa said.

"Y'all fucking pill poppers, I called the Uber." We stood outside waiting for the Uber until it pulled up.

"Uber for Blu?" The driver said. "Yup" we got in the car. "Guys I need help to convince Demi to let me go visit my dad is Seattle." I sighed.

"She's a stubborn bitch." Odessa said, "hey hey, don't call her that." I said. She put her hands up in defense. "Maybe, for the rest of the year, no more absences, hard work, good grades? Definitely don't let her catch you popping pills." Blu said, I laughed, "no I've been going to these Narcotic anonymous meetings, and faking my piss tests, I have a meeting with my record label today. We are recording my songs. We're recording this one I wrote called Ocean Eyes."

"You're going to narcotic anonymous meetings? You're 16 I didn't even know that was allowed." Blu said. "Yeah I am, they're for all ages, I do learn shit which is nice."

We pulled up to his house, and we all got out. "Thanks." Odessa said. "I'll wait outside."

I knocked on the door, "my favorite girls." He smiled, we walked in. "My favorite drug dealer." I laughed. "Whatcha y'all need?" He asked. "Oxys, I got enough for 15." I handed him the money and he gave me 15. "You better Becareful with these ones. They got fentanyl in them." I shrugged my shoulders, "I definitely don't want any then." Odessa said. "Girl, you can't take those. Fentanyl is deadly."

"I can't go through withdrawals."

"That's right, a fucking champion." Damon smiled. "We'll see you later."

We left his house and began walking to school.

***

School went great, I aced my math test and chemistry test. I'm a functional addict. I saw Jules and I was lowkey nodding out during lunch, these pills were a lot stronger then I could've ever imagined. My whole body was vibrating and I felt nothing. She sat down and her lunch tray made a loud noise jerking me up. "What are you on?" Jules whispered. "Oxy." I smiled. "Really? That's ridiculous." She scoffed. "We have to get you out of here before someone notices."

"Jules, I was on meth when I was 11. This shit is nothing."

"So you're an addict? At 16."

I scoffed, "I've been an addict since 11. Like I said, I was forced to smoke it by my abusive mother and grandfather, there's a lot you don't know."

"You need help."

I rolled my eyes, "I do everything I'm supposed to, I aced my tests and have a record deal, I'll probably be the biggest artist in the world, you wait and see."