3

Atlanta

My phone went off which rudely woke me up from a fine ass nap.

It was a snap chat from Blu

"Hey the party starts in like 30 minutes btw."

I opened it and looked at the time and it was late, it was about 9:30

"Bet I'll lyk if I get the car and I'll pick you up."

He sent back a thumbs up emoji and I jumped up and decided to get ready. I got ready and put on an all orange outfit.

 I got ready and put on an all orange outfit

damn I look good

I walked out of my room to see Demi walking down the stairs. "Oh hey Demi." I smiled, "Hey, how was your nap?"

"It was good." I smiled grabbing an apple off the counter.

"I like your outfit, where you plan on going?" She asked picking up a sleeping Maia. "Out with a friend, only for like 30 minutes." I lied.

"Okay, cool. Uh, make sure you keep your phone on okay? I'm gonna put Maia to bed and probably head to bed too."

"Do you want help? With like putting Maia to bed?" I asked. She softly smiled "No, I got it thanks though kid."

She patted my back and walked away, I bit my lip and walked over to the front door where Demi keeps her car keys.

I tried to pick the least expensive which happened to be a G-Wagon. I grabbed the car key and opened the front door "bye Demi!" I yelled. I then snapped Blu for the address which he gave to me.

I went to Demi's G-Wagon and unlocked it and got in. I driven before, just nothing this expensive.

I backed out of the driveway and through the gates and began my way. I drove to a pretty ghetto area and parked at Blu's house. "Outside bitch." I snapped him.

Moments later when I saw him I jumped into the passenger side and he got in the drivers. "Damn! You're aunt must be something." He laughed getting situated. "Yeah she something alright, I got curfew at 10 but oh well." I chuckled. "Damn look at you breaking curfew, your outfit nice as FUCK!" He emphasized fuck, "my maaaaan!" I cheered.

/\

Needless to say we showed up to a party, there was loud music, drugs, alcohol and everyone having a good time. I did have a little to much to drink and it was about 1 am when I decided to ditch Blu and somehow drive home. I was intoxicated and in my feelings, I think I was finally realizing what happened to me. How actually fucked up my life is and was. I pulled up to Demi's house and the lights were still on and I knew I was fucked.

I just instantly started crying, I parked the car and walked inside. I did notice no one was downstairs, maybe I got away with it?

I put the keys back in the bowl and I turned off the lights that were on. I walked up the stairs still crying and stumbling when I heard a voice "lanta?" I turned around and it was Maia. "fuck hi." I quickly wiped my tears trying to stop drunk crying.

"what are you doing awake?" She asked, "you know, just-just - you know." I smiled, "let's get you to bed."

I went to open what I thought was Maia's bedroom door but it happened to be Demi's and she was awake. "Oh fuck, my bad demi." She wasn't doing anything bad, she was just reading. "You're good, what are you doing awake?"

I looked at Maia "she woke me up." I lied, "no I didn't! You found me!" She crossed her arms

Demi chuckled "it doesn't matter, Maia you need to go to bed. Atlanta I need to talk to you."

Maia huffed and left the room and I awkwardly sat in the chair across from Demi. "I know you stole my car." She blurted,

I looked at her in the eyes "look, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have done that." I said, I'm trying to leave the room as fast as possible. "Also I know your drunk, so there will be repercussions of you stealing my car and driving drunk."

I looked at her "if I am or not how could you tell?" I asked. Demi let out a sarcastic laugh, "do you not know me? Or heard of me? I went to rehab twice for drinking and drugs."

I shrugged, "I couldn't know you, the last time you ever saw me you told me to never contact you ever."

Demi immediately had guilt written over her face. Since I was drunk I had a lot of courage, I stood up and looked at her and began crying.

"Demi, my life is so fucked up. I'm 16 and I shouldn't have to deal with any of the shit I'm dealing with! My mother died in a car crash like 3 days ago from being under the influence OF METH! My mom and Rich had ME doing meth when I was 12, then CPS found out, took me away for a couple years and Annie cleaned up her act to get me back and then when she did everything went back to normal! You know what normal was like for me!?" I yelled sobbing.

"No-no- I don't."

"EXACTLY! WELL I WAS SUFFERING, YOU GUYS PUSHED ME AWAY AND IGNORED ME AND ACTED LIKE I DIDN'T EXIST! My normal was wondering each day I wake up if I was going to find my mother dead in a meth lab, in MY house. You and me are strangers and will always strangers! You never wanted me and now you only want me because I'm being forced upon you, BY YOUR MOTHER WHO WAS FUCKING LUCKY TO LEAVE RICH AND SHE ACCEPTS ME. SHE'S THE ONLY ONE AND IM NOT EVEN RELATED TO HER! I HAVE NO ONE, DEMI. IM ALONE!"

I couldn't help but come to the realization that I am alone, that I have no one rooting for me, no one to be there when I get married, when I get my license or even graduate high school. I'm alone.

I fell to my knees sobbing like a drunk mess.

"I'm alone." I repeated, I immediately felt Demi's arms wrap around me. Such an unfamiliar touch, to not be hit but to be hugged.

"I know, I know, I never should of said what I said to you. I was unstable, I couldn't have any risks around me or tempting me."

I pushed her away from me, "I was an innocent child! You think I would've been a risk to your sobriety!?"

"You said it yourself, you were doing meth at 12."

I sighed, "you know when we met? I was 8 and you were 25, you were pregnant with Maia, which proves you were sober. I get temptations, but I was 8. You could've fucking saved me, hell atleast tell social services so I'd be in a foster home." I was growing irritated,

"It doesn't matter okay? It's in the past and now I've said what I needed to say. I'm sorry I stole your car and it won't happen again."

I shot up leaving a confused and stumped Demi. I went to my room and just had a self pity party and cried myself to sleep.

/\

Comment and Vote