griffin johnson

Today you were starting the Indiana State University Nursing Program, and you were very excited. You had been waiting for this for what seemed like forever. Wearing your new student scrubs, you pulled in to a parking place outside of the building. You were early so there wasn't many people here yet. Pulling your backpack from the passenger seat you hopped out of the car and began walking towards the building. Once the teacher got there, you and a few other students went and sat down in the classroom. The room began to fill up one student at a time when a guy walked in. He had brown hair and a beautifully chiseled jawline. You could tell he was fit even underneath the scrubs, and he walked with confidence. There were only a few seats left one of them being by you. Of course, he spotted the seat right next to yours and made his way over. "Is this seat taken?" he said, his voice raspy like he had only been awake for a little bit.

"Umm, no," you answered looking down a your hands shyly. 

He jutted his hand out towards you, "I'm Griffin."

"Y/N," you said enclosing your hand around his formally. He held on for a bit longer than he should've, but you didn't mind. 

"Nice to meet you."

"You too." Both of you spent the rest of class taking notes and asking each other questions. The teacher then dismissed class, and you headed to your first clinical.

"Are you nervous?" Griffin asked you as you walked into the hospital.

"Definitely. What about you?" you answered truthfully.

"I'm not," he said as you scoffed.

"Oh please, I don't buy that whole confidence all the time thing."

"Well you should because I'm as calm as a cucumber."

You just rolled your eyes and continued in. You listened to the instructor carefully; you didn't want to miss any information. After a few hours, it was finally time to call it a day. You and Griffin walked out of the hospital together casually talking about your first day.

"We should be study buddies," Griffin blurted out. 

"What?" you asked giggling slightly.

"Like study together."

"I know what you meant. I was just kind of surprised."

"Why is that?"

"I don't know. I guess I didn't expect a guy like you to ever want to hang out with a girl like me," you answered boldly.

"What does that even mean? A girl like you?"

"Like I'm all normal. And you're like, well, you know." 

He stared at you blankly waiting for you to answer. "I'm what?"

"You're hot," you blurted out, your cheeks turning a bright shade of red.

"Oh really?" he said teasing you.

"Yes, okay."

"Well, if it's any consolation, I don't think your just some normal girl. I think you're pretty beautiful."

"Really?" you asked sheepishly.

"Duh," he said. "So are we going to be study buddies or not?"

"I guess maybe we can."

"You guess?"

"Yes," you said laughing slightly and walking away.