Chapter 1 ~ My Best Friend

Magsimula sa umpisa

Sean and I attended the same public schools and university until he went pro and I went to medical school. We had always been there for one another through good and bad times and vowed that we would always look out for one another.

Our parents use to call use twins because you never saw one without the other. He played football all during school and now he was the quarterback for the Los Angeles Panthers while I'm an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine in Baton Rouge. I looked down at the four text messages on the screen.

1

Lizzy pickkkkk upppppp, I need you.

2

....pretty please....with chocolate covered strawberries on top... Your favorite.

3

I love you Lizzy bear, why won't you answer?📞

4

You killing me softly boo....(silence)
Mr. Telephone Man
There something wrong with my line
When I dial my baby's number I get a
Click every time

I shook my head. Did he just text the lyrics to New Edition's, Mr. Telephone Man? Whatever was wrong he was going to the extremes. I looked at my bathroom door and I heard the shower running. Could I recoup from earlier with Aries or should I call it a lost? It had been over a month since your girl had a little something something and my vibrator needed batteries.

I raised up and brushed my hair back. Mama had needs and it wasn't often they were met. Although Aries was the only man I was sleeping with, we were just friends with benefits as we hadn't established any type of monogamous relationship between us and it was football season.

I tossed the phone on the bed and headed to the bathroom. I could hear my phone going off again and I knew it was Sean. My mind was saying answer it but my body was saying don't do it. I looked at the door and ran to the phone.

"I swear you better be having a heart-attack Sean!"

"Liz, Shuntae broke my heart, she was cheating on me and I loveadit that girl." (hiccup)

"Well what do you expect? You attract gold digging hoes. You have all this money and fame and you hook up with nappy-headed rugrats."

"She wasn't always like that. She bought some Malaysian hair so it was real silky, I know because I bought it along with the Jimmy Choos, Prada handbag and Gucci sunshades. She had an ass that could move mountains. Like BBD say, "never trust a big butt and a smile." I caught her cheating with her drug dealing ex. What am I going to do, Lizzy Bear?"

"Get your stuff back, kick her to the curb and find someone else that will be faithful and good enough for you."

"You're right. I need a good woman, someone to hold me down."

"Well keep looking, but I gotta go, love you bye."

"Wait..."

"WHAT!"

"I'm being honored for my community service at this gala coming up next month and I need a date. Want to go?"

"Fine but I have to go Sean!"

"Aries is there isn't he? I heard he had a football camp this weekend that's why you rushing me off the phone."

I blew out a deep breath and looked at the closed door. "Yes he is and you're drunk."

"Whether I'm drunk or not he's not right for you Lizzy. He's a tru playa and womanizer. I can't figure out what you see in that pinhead. I know you can't be that hard up for a man?"