Chapter 51 ~ By Your Side

Sean

"Thanks for meeting me."

"I brought you everything I had," James commented as we were seated at our table.

I looked through the contracts and we compared them to what he had.

"I don't have any of these Sean."

"Are you sure no one in your office forgot to put these in the file?"

"I'm positive."

"So what can I do?

"Don't sign them. I can't believe Michael would do this. I mean he's been upfront since the beginning."

"Exactly."

"Just looking at these contracts they  literally would have you working for free."

"Not just that but products I would never endorse in a million years. How much longer before I renew my management agreement with him?"

"Six months."

"Can I break it? I mean I can't have him representing me."

"If you have proof that professional misconduct or intent to fraud maybe others, we can try to prosecute."

"I want him taken down. Will I be able to recoup any money or is there a way to make sure that he hasn't been nickel and diming me?"

"Looking at the other contracts, everything seems to be in order."

"I need them all to pay. Shae, Michael and this doctor are scamming me. I am trying to get Shae to confess that this pregnancy is fake and to turn on Michael and whoever else is in on this mess but she won't budge."

"Maybe Michael has something on her."

"They are making my life hell, I know that much."

"Understandable."

I gave him my notes and I could see his eyes widen.

"I want to go public James."

"As your attorney, I think you should offer an alternative."

"I'm listening."

"I say we hit where it hurts the most, his bank account."

"Okay."

"Looking at his profit statement, you are his biggest client. I can draw up some documents stating you want to term your agreement."

"You get them done, I will sign."

"I can go to the NFL, and the team's legal counsel and discuss alternative punishments or try to get him banned. If we do that, he would suffer greatly. All his other clients combined don't equal up to half of what he makes off of you."

I sat there pondering.

"If you could get a list of clients, then we might have something to really push the issue Sean."

"I have it."

"Really?"

"Don't ask. I can email it to you."

"This is off the record Sean. Maybe you can get everyone together and then expose him. Shae is low, but getting Michael will have a domino affect. Clients pull out and it leaves him with nothing. An agent without clients can never recover especially if you all desert him."

"Good plan."

The waitress brought out our food.

"We need to start on this as soon as possible."