Chapter 58 ~ To Lose Oneself!

Lizzy

Two Days Later...

"I can't believe I won't see you for two weeks," Sean said on the other end of the phone.

"I have to finish up at the hospital and pack up my things. I'm lucky they aren't penalizing me for not giving them sixty days. Thank goodness for your large generous donation to the foundation and for Dr. Tasha finding someone to take my spot, otherwise you wouldn't be seeing me anytime soon."

"You know I could have just bought out your contract and hire movers, hell I would have bought you a new wardrobe. I mean how much could a scrub collection cost? I would have gotten you different color scrubs with skeletons on them or whatever you wanted. That way I could keep you all to myself."

"Hahaha very funny. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. First, that would have been unprofessional not to finish up besides I have to clear out my office and secondly, I don't want anyone touching my underwear. Like eww! Plus, I'll be back before you know it."

"I guess. You're lucky this is the preseason. You better be back for the real deal Holyfield starter or I will be coming to bring your fine ass back."

"My ass is fine isn't it?" We both laughed.

"Well I miss you already Lizzy."

"I miss you too boo. I got to go but I'll call you later. I love you."

"I love you too." I hung up the phone and held it close to my chest.

Moments later the door to the plane opened and I was greeted by a tall guy in a black suit.

"My name is Aaron and I'm here to escort you to your father." He held out his hand and I took it as I stepped off the plane.

"Thank you." He nodded and opened the door to the black Ranger Rover that was waiting for me.

"This is Derek, my associate."

"Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Gibson."

"You too." I had to giggle to myself as I was still getting use to being called Mrs. Gibson.

I got in.

"We will give you some privacy. Just press the button on your left if you need something. We will reach our destination in about twenty minutes. There's wine in the arm rest and the remote to the television is located in the side pocket," Derek said.

The divider glass was raised. This vehicle had to be worth at least two years of my old salary. It had so many bells and whistles I could see why Sam had a driver and using the other guy as a human navigator or was he the gunman? Better yet, I wondered if there were rocket-launchers or grenades underneath the car or would they shoot from the tailpipes? Damn, James Bond had nothing on my dad. I had to giggle at the thought. Anyway, this car was out of my price range along with my imagination of world domination budget. Looking around, getting my bearings straight, I turned the music on and tried to relax. Was I making the right decision to come here? Regardless, it was truth or dare time. I reached my destination in no time.

I got out of the Rover feeling the dry air that instantly soaked up all the moisture in my body. We were in the middle of nowhere, the desert? This heat wasn't a joke. The temperature was probably one degree from delirium better yet heatstroke.

"Hello sweetheart, how was your flight?"

"Good." Sam gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"You can follow me."

Derek was quickly by my side with an umbrella shielding me from the blistering sun.

Sam took me in the building that looked more like a military base than an office. This must have been the place Sean mentioned. I followed him through the corridors until we stopped at a gate. He held up a remote control and a screen above the door came on. I could see Shae sitting on the ground rocking back and forth.