“Don’t you think you should let Chase out of your closet?”

“Excuse me?” I say.

“I mean, I don’t think he wants to sit in there for the next 2-3 hours. Do you?”

“What the hell would make you think Chase is here?’ I ask her.

 For some reason she starts cracking up and I stare at her, growing more and more perplexed by the second. I guess she notices that I’m finding nothing to be funny at the moment and she finally gives me an explanation to her madness.

“His bag is on your couch girly. And when you open your bedroom door and he’s not there, then it only makes sense that he would be in your closet.  You might wanna handle that before your daddy-o gets home.”

Wow…I guess I’m not as slick as I think I am.

“I’ll be right back,” I tell Niecy, “Stay here please.”

“Oh trust me, I’m not going anywhere. This chair is too damn comfortable.”

 I laugh at her laziness, and run back to my room.

I get into my room and run into the closet.

Chase is lying on the floor doing something on his phone.

When I open the door he jumps up, pulling me into his arms. 

“Did Niecy leave?” he whispers.

“No. She’s in the TV room. We’re gonna watch a movie. And why are you whispering?”

He looks at me for a minute and then starts blushing crazily.

“Sorry. I didn’t realize I was whispering.”

“It’s okay,” I laugh, “You wanna watch a movie with us?”

“I’d love to, but I can’t. I should be getting home so my mom doesn’t murder me.”

I look at him suspiciously, “You’re really afraid of your mother?”

He bites his lip and shakes his head.

“Nah…I’m afraid of your father coming home and killing me for being in his house with you this late.”

I slowly nod in understanding.

“I guess you’re right. You should go. I’ll walk you out.”

Chase smiles at me and grabs my hand.

We walk downstairs and to the front door. We step out onto the patio and look at each other.