My Love, My Life

"Our journey isn't perfect but it's ours. I'll stick with you 'til the end." Anonymous

As Milo

My mom is having dinner with Willow tonight. She keeps changing clothes for the past two hours. It's 5 PM and she is meeting Willow at 6 PM. I laugh at her "Mom... you look beautiful. Stop changing in and out of clothes." My mom is so beautiful for her age. She shakes her head "No... Willow is taking me to a fancy restaurant. I want to wear the right clothes." I laugh at her "Mom... you changed over twenty times already. You look great in this dress."

I walk over and I hug her "You look fine

I walk over and I hug her "You look fine... trust me." She pinches my cheek "Mio figlio do you want to see Willow?" I rub my cheek "That hurts mom. Yes I want to see Willow but I don't think she wants to see me." She agrees "Yes you are right Milo. Why would she want to see you." Even though that's true, I'm upset my mom agrees "Thanks mom. But you make sure you tell Willow I'm a changed man okay? Tell her that I'm still waiting for her." She lightly taps my face "I will put in a few good words for you. Don't worry." I want so badly to see Willow... even for just a second. An idea comes to me "Mom... I'll take you to the restaurant. We'll take a cab since I'm heading out that way too." She arches an eyebrow and looks at me "So where are you going later?" I shrug "I'm going to head to a bar with Jeremy, have a couple of drinks." She smacks my arm "Don't drink too much. I don't want you coming home dead drunk." I kiss her temple "Well what about you young lady? You are going to be drinking tonight, don't come home too drunk okay?" She laughs "You know I have a very high alcohol tolerance Milo." Is she kidding me "Oh my god mom, you forgot one time you and Willow got so drunk and you danced to Drake? That was the most horrifying things I've ever seen mom." She smacks me again "Your mother can dance!"

I check myself in the mirror to make sure I look good if by chance Willow sees me.

I walk to my mom and grab her hand "Let's go mom." It will take 20 minutes to get there and it's already 5:40 pm.

As we are getting off the cab, I catch a glimpse of Willow walking to the restaurant. The sight of her takes my breath away.