Chapter 2 - A Choice

It was later the same night.
Riley and Josh were sitting in her room talking about what happened that night and Maya watched them from a distance.
She knew what she had to do.
It was the grown up thing to do.

"Can I talk to you guys?" Maya asked.
"If you have to," Cory said and Topanga elbowed him.
"Come sit down Honey," Topanga said and Maya sat down between her and Cory.
"What is it?" Topanga asked.
"Me and Riley snuck out to Josh's college party," Maya said.
"WHAT!" Cory said.
"Cory. Why are you telling us this?" Topanga asked.
"I know it's killing her. And... I know it's the right decision," Maya said.
"Thank you," Topanga said.

It was half an hour later and Maya and Riley were at the bay window.
Riley was gridding on her teeth.

"I want to tell my parents what I did," Riley said.
"Too late," Maya said in a sweet voice.
"I want to tell them how much I'm looking forward to going to college someday."

"Because you loved those college girls you met there?" Topanga asked.
"They were so great. What?" Riley says after she realised her parents know.
"Because one day you hope to be those kinds of girls yourselves?" Cory asked.
"You knew. They knew. Parents know everything," Riley said relieved that they knew.
"No. Someone told us," Topanga said then Josh entered Riley's room.

"I just wanted to say goodbye. Very interesting visit," Josh said.
"Josh, you told them," Riley said as Maya moved away so Josh could sit between her and Riley.
"Told them what, Riley? That nothing happened? Why would I tell them nothing happened if nothing happened? Why would I tell them that?"
"It's okay, Josh. Maya told us," Cory said and both Josh and Riley looked at Maya.
"What?" Riley said.
"Maya told us everything," Topanga said.
"Why?" Riley asked.
"I wouldn't rat you out, Riley. Sorry, Cory. Guess I'm still your little brother, huh?" Josh said.
"No, Josh. You were so looking forward to making new friends at that party. But you left. Just to make sure that Riley and Maya got home safely. You're not so little anymore, Josh. I guess I have to stop looking at you that way," Cory said.
"Thanks. That means a lot to me," Josh said smiling.
"Maya, why did you tell them?" Riley asked.
"It was a choice I made for myself. I thought it was the grown-up thing to do," Maya said and Josh tuurned so he could face Maya.
"It was. You're not so little anymore, Maya. I guess I have to stop looking at you like that," Josh said.
"Thanks. Means a lot to me," Maya said and smiled.

After a call Maya got earlier she struggled not to break down.
And she was close to it.
She had to leave before she totally freaked out.

"I have to go," Maya said and stood up.

She ran out of Riley's room and everyone looked at the other.
Nobody knew what was going on and Riley didn't bother wondering.

"What is... Never mind," Riley said and stood up.
"Riley. Let me handle this one. I think I'll be able to help her," Josh said.
"Go for it then."