As much as I kept repeating those words in my head all thoughts were forgotten as I stopped, staring at the scene in front of me.

I saw him, his form, lying lifelessly on the ground surrounded by all the familiar faces that all seemed to blur out into a grey shadow by my pain.

It's like the air got sucked out of my lungs as I ran up to him, collapsing on the cold, hard ground. I cried out, calling his name, hoping he would come back to me. My deliusional mind didn't allow me to face the reality.

"Max." I chocked out. Tears were slowly streaming down my face. I definitely didn't cry, ever, but yet right now, I felt part of me disappear as the uncontrollable tears fell in a never-ending cascade.

"Please come back to me." I whispered, my strength abandoning me.

From then on it became a non stop fight for air as I heavily breathed in only to scream out his name. My breathing was erratic, I felt suffocated like my entire insides burned with a hollow emptiness. It felt like I was empty, void of any emotion and numbed by the pain yet it was definitely there, definitely real and definitely unbearable.

"You can't do this to me." My vision was blurred by the tears that fell and fell. I didn't care that I had an entire audience of werewolves watching me break down, I couldn't live without him.

No matter how many times I swallowed the lump wouldn't go away; reminding me that this was reality and I was definitely not escaping from it's chains that tied me to the ground. I couldn't breathe anymore, I couldn't see and my hearing had completely blurred out any sound apart from my sobs that I couldn't control.

Laying my head on his chest, my arms carefully held him as though he was made of glass and would break any second.

"I can't live without you." I uttered.

Those words kept echoing in my head, reminding me of the burning pain coursing through my veins. There was nearly no air left for me to breathe. It was like some cruel twist of fate that I couldn't escape from no matter how much I ran.

I closed my eyes tightly not leaving his side even when someone tried to pull me away.

"Don't!" I screamed, refusing to leave him.

"Alexa, please." The voice of reason couldn't do anything.

"It's Lex.. he should be calling me Lex right now." I whispered, managing to form the words with my body shaking uncontrollably.

There was no tearing me away from him.  I refused to leave his side.

When I finally looked up I saw all the faces of people I had barely just met looking down sadly at the ground. They were mourning him, in the same way I was hurt they were also just as sad. Maybe that's why they allowed me to stay planted on the ground, crying my heart out and looking like a mess.

But I was a mess. I was empty and nothing could ever fill that void again.

"We have to do something." My voice shook and my frantic breathing wasn't helping.

"Alexa you have to calm down." Ace found my side. Carefuly placing a hand on my shoulder.

"No." I shook my head. "Please just leave me alone." I knew he was dead and my question was simply stupid but I couldn't help it.

"You can't leave me. You said we'd do so much together you just can't okay!" I yelled at Max into the malevolant silence. I wasn't making sense, I knew this clearly yet it wasn't stopping me from saying it.

I picked up his hand, intertwining our fingers together. "Please wake up." I was pleading and laid a soft kiss on his cold fingers. The temperature made me shudder.