Chapter 27 Dandria

I was twenty-two weeks pregnant, and I felt worse than before. My morning sickness was back, and my sex drive was increasing each day. The twins were moving now, so that added another strange discomfort to my body. Since I couldn't wait until birth, I decided to find out the gender of the babies, and the doctor revealed that they were twin girls. Cam and I came up with the names Camille and Danni.

We hadn't discussed Danielle, and I didn't plan to. My aunt didn't even call me, about the details of her funeral, so I figured she understood. It hurt me that I couldn't make it, but I knew I couldn't jeopardize the health of my children.

"Who knew the second trimester would be this bad?"

"Bad? It's normally the opposite." My coworker Chloe spoke through the phone.

"I thought the exact same thing, I guess it's just my body."

"Just try to take it easy. I can't wait until you're back, Randy has been driving me crazy!"

We spoke and laughed a few hours more, before ending the call. I tired calling Kaidyn and Chantel, but they weren't answering. Things seemed to be drifting for us, and our close friendship, wasn't as tight as before.

I tried catching my breath while walking back to the car. I found myself exhausted when doing simple things, like washing dishes, or searching for certain things. "You okay?" A guy asked, approaching me in concern.

"I'm fine."

"You sure?" He was trying to help me up, while I clutched the single grocery bag. "Oh, damn."

"What?" I snapped, sensing something was wrong. I held my stomach, feeling around in a frenzy, while he watched with a confused expression.

"Nothing, I just didn't know you were pregnant."

"Thanks for giving me a heart attack!" I rushed to the car, completely pissed, before bursting into tears. My hormones were getting the best of me, and I just wanted to get home.

Since Cam was working, I decided to visit his mother's home. "I'm glad you're here." She smiled, helping me inside, and with my jacket.

"I'm glad to be here."

She was here alone, and wanted to cook dinner for everyone. I knew my way around the kitchen, and decided to join. Maybe this was the first step to building a relationship with my mother-in-law. She seemed eager to have me helping, so I made myself at home and loosened up a bit.

"What are you doing, Dria? Cam hates garlic seasoning on his baked chicken!"

"I cook it this way all of the time..."

She tried taking the pan from me, but I held onto it for dear life.

"I know what my son likes!"

"I know what my husband likes!"

"Why don't you do it both ways?" Corey interjected, walking inside of the kitchen, and opening the fridge.

"Both ways?" She questioned, looking at him with a sour face. "Fine!"

Corey shrugged, then glared in my direction. "Sorry to hear about your sister."

I nodded my head, before continuing to prep the meal. My mind couldn't handle thoughts of Danielle at that time.

"I'm having my man over for dinner..." She whispered to me, while resting against the oven.

"Does Cam know?"

"No, but I figured I'd introduce them all tonight."

"Goodluck, Ms.Nicks." I shrugged, smiling lightly.

"Call me mom..."

I could have pissed myself at that moment. I never thought I'd see the day where we'd actually get along. Even though things were still rocky, I knew we had progressed. "Okay, mom!" I chuckled, before she pulled me into a hug. I held her tighter than she expected, while holding back tears. The embrace from a motherly figure was well needed, at this point.

"It smells good in here." Cam called, entering the home. "Glad to see my two favorite ladies working together. He kissed my cheek, then his mother's, while we set the table.

"I can't wait until I get me a girl that can cook." Corey chimed from the living room, while clutching the controller, and starring at the screen intensely.

"That's what you have Mom for."

Corey smirked, then licked his lips in a sensual manner. "Yeah, but Mom can't-"

All eyes were on him, waiting to hear the finishing statement.

"Uh nothing, never mind." He straightened his posture, realizing that he was close to saying something inappropriate.

We had just taken our seats before Mom disappeared. "Everyone, this is Grady." She introduced us, as we turned our heads in their direction. I could have spit my water, when seeing Chantel's uncle. His eyes darted to me, and he looked shocked. He and I both knew he was seeing Kaidyn's grandmother, which was why I couldn't understand why he'd be dating two women, as old as he was. "Nice to meet you all." He shook hands with the three of us, and pretended things were normal. Cam and Corey both seemed to like him, while I stared at his cheating behind closely.

We all ate dinner, and conversed about current events, before she finally asked me what was wrong. Grady and I eyed each other, before I rose from the table. "I'm sorry, but Grady is seeing someone already!"

She turned to him, while he bucked his eyes. "Is this true Gray?"

"The both of you mean a lot to me, HoneyBee..."

She slapped the shit out of him, and threw her wine in his face, before rising.

"Oh hell nah! Give that nigga the boot, Mama!" Corey instigated, pulling out his cell phone, and pressing record.

"You damn right I will! Go and get my pistol, Corey!"

"Oh, shit!" Cam gritted, pulling me up from the table.

"We're leaving?" I asked, snatching my purse, while Cam nearly dragged me toward the door. I took one last look at the Grady trying to run from the ass-whipping she was putting on him.

I was on all fours, on the bed, while Cam took his time behind me. "You don't have to be so gentle... nothing will happen to the babies."

"I know baby.." He quickly lied, before slapping my ass. "This is what I call The Granddaddy Stroke."

An ugly laugh escaped my lips, before he joined, turning our intimacy into humor. I straddled him, making rhythmic grinds, while he held my waist. "Can we get away for a while, baby?" I asked, staring down at him, as he was biting his lip. "Cam!"

"Huh?"

"Did you hear me?"

"Yeah, I heard you baby." He lied through his teeth.

"Yes or no?"

"Yes."

       "You got everything?" Cam asked, grabbing our suitcases.

"Yes, I have everything." I glowed, holding my belly.

"Okay, you can get in the car. I'll check the locks, grab our bags, then I'm out."

I headed toward my front door, with a wide smile. This vacation was well deserved, and I couldn't wait until we were actually there. Turning the doorknob and opening it, I stopped in my tracks. There was Danielle standing on the other side, wearing homely attire. I released a loud gasp, while my eyes fixated on her face. I was sure it was my imagination playing tricks on me, until she spoke. "Dandria..."

It was Danielle in the flesh, standing right in front of me. Before I could react, my body hit the ground, as I fainted.

Thank you for reading! Comment and Vote!