Chapter 25 Chantel

My arms felt like they were breaking, from holding Sky, and our luggage at the same time. "Come in." My sister opened the door, smiling from ear to ear, and taking sleeping Sky.

She was my sister, on my biological father's side. Even though we never grew up together, we always kept contact. "I love your home, Coi!"

"Thank you, Chan-Chan! You have to let me visit you one day! I get tired of looking at pictures!"

I shrugged, carrying the bags to her guest room, and placing them aside. "You're welcome to visit, but I won't be there." I mumbled under my breathe, examining the beautifully decorated bedroom.

Coi was an interior designer, and was so passionate about her career. She renovated her entire place, and from the way it looked, I thought about asking her to do a few rooms in my home. "This is so beautiful." I marveled, running my hands against the plush pillows.

"Enough, Chan-Chan." She placed Sky on the bed, and removed her shoes, before inviting me inside of the kitchen to talk.

I filled her in briefly, omitting my affair with Ron, in the process. I already had enough judgment, and I didn't need her getting the wrong impression about the situation.

"So, he doesn't know you're here?"

"No, I just figured I needed to get away for a while."

"What about Skyleigh? I'm sure he's going to want to see her."

"I know, I know. I haven't really thought it through, but this is the best I have right now. We need time apart."

Marcus

"Nah, I wasn't going to kill Chan. I was just trying to scare some sense into her."

"Scare some sense into her my ass! I saw the shit on the surveillance video... What the fuck is wrong with you, Marcus?"

"I'm supposed to be meeting somebody." I lied, looking for an excuse to leave, before Rock could continue to question me about Chantel.

"Nephew... I think-"

"I don't give a fuck what you think!" I spat, heading toward the door, and slamming it behind me.

How the fuck was I supposed to react when seeing them together? If it wasn't for Erica's nosey ass, I wouldn't have caught them in the act. Then, Chan had the nerve to give me the ring back, like I fucked up. I did what I should have done a long time ago, and ended the shit. "Aye Marcus, let me talk to you!" My cousin Anthony called, walking from around the side of the building.

"Don't be walking up on me, nigga."

"My bad, my bad." He held his arms out and took a few steps back. "But you ain't gone believe what my babymama told me..."

"Nigga bye, you and that hoe crazy." I hit the locks to my truck, before he continued.

"She said she saw Chantel last night, at the airport."

I turned to face him. "Airport?"

"Yeah, getting on a plane or some shit like that... So you know, you being my closest cousin, I had to let you know, nigga..."

I didn't want to feed into the word of mouth, so I called Chantel's phone. When she didn't answer, I tried her mother's house, but she didn't give me any information. Anthony was a dopehead, and nine times out of ten, he was only telling me this shit, with the hopes of getting a fix. "You know where she went?"

"Nah, I'm sure Pam might."

I drove him to her house, all the while, trying not to let my temper get the best of me. This was my eighth time calling her cell phone, and she wasn't picking up. When we made it to Pam's house, Anthony opened the door to the strong scented home. "Marcus? I haven't seen you in forever!" She smiled from the couch, combining through their daughter's hair.