Chapter 7 Meilani

"What am I not doing right?" Ming asked, as I packed the last of my things.

"It's not you, it's me." I replied dryly, heading towards the door.

"You know what, leave! We haven't been happy lately, anyway!"

"And it's because of you! You want more than I can give you!"

"I want you to be better than what you are. Is it wrong that I want more for your future? Is it wrong that I believe in you? You are lazy, Meilani! You think everything should be handed to you, when life doesn't work that way! I wish you the best." She spoke, closing the door behind me. I could hear her native tongue yelling from outside of the house.

        What I was doing was wrong, purposely starting arguments over little things. I cared for Ming, but I wasn't happy. I knew Chantel would probably throw in my face that she was right, but I didn't care, I knew it was time for me to move on.

      "What do you want?" Chantel cut her eyes, snatching the door open.

"I need a place to stay."

"Meilani, I'm not in the mood for games."

"I'm serious, Chan! Help me out!" I whined like a toddler, hoping to gain her sympathy.

"I know if you don't keep it down, Marcus is going to kick both of our asses!"

"Is that a yes?"

She crossed her arms, stepping aside and allowing me to enter. "I don't know why you homeless bitches come here, thinking this is a shelter."

"Save the dramatics." I rolled my eyes, heading to the guest bedroom.

"Let me guess, you broke it off with Ming, like you do everything else?"

"Screw you!"

"You wish, bitch." She curved her neck, before heading back to her bedroom.

      I woke up around one o'clock in the afternoon, easing into the kitchen to find Marcus pleading with Chantel. "Come on, baby. I forgot how pussy feels, it's been so long."

"My doctors appointment is Friday. After that, I'm all yours. I don't know about your previous bitches, but you should know that my pussy feels like warm milk and honey." She smiled before he picked her body up, placing her on the counter and stepping between her thighs.

"Hey, not in front on the baby!" I called, rubbing the top of Sky's head, as she sat in the highchair.

The two turned towards me, before Chantel hopped down.

"When did you get here?" Marcus asked, eyes glued to Chantel's ass, never sparing me a side glare.

"I live here!"

Chantel sighed heavily, while feeding Sky. "She came last night, Marcus."

"What happened to Mango?"

"Her name is Ming, Marcus... and nothing. It was time to move on."

"I told you she wouldn't be lesbian long, baby. I know my cousin, she likes to do things for attention."

"Whatever, what about hooking me up with one of your homeboys, Marcus?"

He looked confused, pulling at his goatee and eyeing me. "Nah, you need to stay away from them niggas."

Chantel rolled her eyes before grabbing Sky, and left the kitchen.

       Applying the right amount of makeup and fixing my hair, today I planned on meeting the right guy.