Chapter 25

'Busted!'

"Forgive me, but I do not believe that my clothes will fit you, my mate."

Serena peeked around the door of the wardrobe to see Sebastian standing in front of the door she had locked. She smiled sheepishly and stepped away from the piece of furniture, softly closing the doors as she did. The demon raised one eyebrow, obviously waiting for an explanation.

"Why are you in my bedroom?" He didn't move from his place in front of the door, effectively blocking her in.

"Well," she couldn't help but fidget under his unblinking gaze. "You wouldn't tell me anything, so I figured that I would look for myself."

"I see. And did the locked door not give you any indication that I did not want anyone in my rooms?"

"Then you shouldn't leave the key lying around." Serena raised her chin, looking him in the eye.

"Is that so?" Sebastian moved to stand in front of her and held out his hand. After a moment, she set the small key in his gloved palm. "Serena, there is nothing here that will tell you anything personal about me."

"Nothing here?"

"There is nothing on this plane that will tell anyone anything personal about myself or give me away like a demon." He slipped the key into the pocket of his waistcoat. "It is one of the first lessons that all demons learn."

"Fine." Serena walked around the demon and went to the door. When she turned the handle nothing happened. She jerked it harder, but still got nothing. The redhead tried the lock, but it wouldn't budge. Panic started to build when she felt Sebastian behind her. He was standing close enough for her to feel the heat from his body when he bent down to put his head next to hers.

"You are so quick to leave? When you went to all the trouble to get in here?"

She swallowed hard and tried to sound flippant. "Well, you said that there is nothing in here."

"I don't think that I should send my mate away when she comes so willingly to my rooms." His voice dropped to whisper in her ear as he put his hands on her hips.

"Come into my web, said the spider to the fly."

He laughed deeply against her throat and his hands moved to her arms, sliding to cover her hands. He pulled her fingers from the doorknob and turned her body slowly to face him. The girl gasped when she looked into his swirling, red, slitted eyes.

"I am no spider, Serena." He said, showing a hint of fangs behind his lips.

"Then what are you?"

"I have many forms, but a demon is behind everyone. I will promise you that there are no insects in my repertoire." His head lowered, eyes intent on her lips.

"Wait." She put a hand up to stop him.

"There is something that has been bothering you all day. Your heart rate spikes every time my Master is mentioned. I will assume that it has something to do with him." Sebastian pulled back enough to look her in the eye. His thumb continued to brush light circles at the base of her throat, creating a hypnotic affect.

Serena looked away and back to the demon. She started to speak several times but stopped before actually saying anything. He watched her struggle and felt her level of emotions rise.

"What is it, my mate?" He asked softly. "You can tell me."

"I..." She looked back up into his eyes. "Let Ciel kiss me."

The demon snarled, pulling away from her. In an instant he was back, hand jerking at the doorknob. She refused to move. The only way he could get through the door was through her. He would have to risk hurting her to do it.