Chapter 19

Serena pulled away when she heard someone cough. Peeking behind Sebastian, she saw all three men were still there. And all of them were staring at her. Undertaker and Haagenti were leering while Ciel was an interesting shade of crimson, all the way to the tips of his ears.

"Right." She untangled herself from a smirking Sebastian and ducked her head. "I'm just going to go upstairs and die of embarrassment. I assume that you're better now?"

"Very much so," the demon purred as he smirked down on her.

"Don't say it like that!"

Serena hunched in on herself and hurried to the door. The three moved aside quickly to let her pass. Ciel turned to follow.

"Finish your business quickly. There are other things to take care of tonight." The Earl walked out, his head held high, without looking at his butler.

"Very interesting." Haagenti mussed. "You've certainly found an amusing set of humans this time."

"If we're finished, I will report back to the council. I have my own business to finish this night." Undertaker giggled into his sleeve. "And I'm sure you do as well."

"You're correct. I will wait to see what punishment your Council decides for Sutcliff. However, I will have a hand in it." His eyes flashed for a moment. "If any reaper approaches my mate again, they're dead and damn your treaty."

"I will tell them."

Undertaker nodded to Haagenti before sweeping out the back door.

"I will take my leave as well. I'm sure the Fallen will be satisfied with your decision. Your mate made it very clear that she would not tolerate being the reason for demons renewing their hostility with the reapers. Which will satisfy the other Elders." He laughed. "A mate's wishes always come first."

"Thank you for coming tonight."

Haagenti came forward and put a hand on his former fledgling's shoulder. "I am very happy for you. Serena is lovely and well suited to you."

"Thank you." Sebastian bowed to the other demon with a smile.

The demon nodded. "Now, since this is settled, I will be getting back to my own mate and leave you to yours."

"Goodnight, Elder Haagenti."

"Goodnight, boy."

Sebastian shook his head as Haagenti swept back out the door. His tongue darted out to catch the last of Serena's taste on his lips as he heard his mate pacing in her room. Undertaker was right, there was unfinished business to take care of.

'But first, I must get my Master settled for the night."

**********************A Demon's Mate*********************

Serena bolted into her room and threw the latch.

'Not that I think that will keep him out.'

The redhead walked to the window but saw her reflection in the vanity mirror. After the night she had had, the girl expected to look like a wreck. Instead, her eyes were bright and her cheeks flushed a rosy hue. Her hair was tousled from Sebastian's hands running through it and floated around her body in a cloud.

 She put a hand to her lips, swollen and red from the demon's kiss. The rips and tears all through the precious silk that Soma had given her looked as though they belonged there, making the look all the more appealing. Patches of the gold dust that had been transferred from Ciel's skin made her look as though touched by some divine being.