"Like sell your own soul to a demon." She whispered.

"Exactly. Our little Earl still feels it, burning just beneath the surface." Undertaker giggled, stroking a piece of her hair. "Once a soul has given over to wrath, there is no escaping it. Demon's that feed on souls consumed with wrath, hold that wrath within themselves forever. It is why they are so particular about their meals."

"So, basically all that wrath could explode at any given time?"

"Exactly," said a voice that didn't belong to any of them.

All three jumped up as the voice spread through the mansion. Teo and Undertaker moved quickly, pushing Serena into a corner and standing in front of her. The reaper had his scythe ready, an unusually serious expression on his scarred face.

A knock sounded from the servant's entrance, just off the kitchen.

"That's not Sebastian."

"No, it's someone older and with a different power than Mr. Butler. His voice is his power." The reaper nodded for Teo to answer the door.

He went forward slowly, anticipation making his power level rise. Serena squeezed closer to Undertaker, her hands fisting in flowing, black coat he wore. Her head dropped against his back, burying in his soft hair, while her mind called for Sebastian.

'Where are you?' There was no answer.

Teo opened the door, ready to attack.

"Elder."

Serena popped her head over Undertaker's shoulder, unable to take the anticipation any longer. The demon had stepped back and dropped to the floor. His head was bowed as a tall man swept into the house.

He wore robes of black, reminding her of old priests. Chestnut hair with hints of red was tied at the back of his neck. His skin was pale, almost glowing in the dim candlelight. The demon was just as beautiful as the others that she had seen but carried himself with an air of authority that none of them had possessed.

"Haagenti. What brings you to London?" Undertaker lowered his scythe a fraction.

"Probably the same thing that brings you out tonight." His voice was musical, intoxicating. Serena shook her head against the reaper's back, trying to clear the fog it caused.

"I see the news has already spread."

"The Fallen have given orders for everyone to remain silent for the time being. Especially to... Sebastian is the name he's using right now. They have sent me to investigate this issue before we decide how we will proceed." The demon laughed softly, the notes weaving around everyone. "The council choose well in their representative. I thought that you were retired."

The reaper put his scythe down slowly. "I have already had dealings with Sebastian and his mate."

"Speaking of which."

Undertaker stepped away, pulling Serena out of the corner. Haagenti waved her forward.

"Come here, child. I accepted this assignment because of my curiosity. I want to see what that boy has been given."

She walked forward slowly. Fear and suspicion made her movements slow. When she finally stood before the Elder, he circled her. The feeling of being read to her very soul consumed the girl and raised her tension level.

The demon picked up a lock of her hair and she jerked away.

"Hey! You said see, not touch."

Haagenti laughed, coming back to look her in the face. "Good. It takes a strong soul to hold a demon. That's what a mate is essentially."