Part 1

Izuki had grown up with Bakugou and the other little boys in her neighborhood, growing up with only them , she had gotten accustomed to being a 'little boy' , running around and watching the others cause havoc and chaos everywhere they went , the little "agency Bakugou" as Bakugou had called their little squad was notorious in their neighborhood, yet they were all loved by the adults. Especially Kacchan , all because he had a quirk that would guarantee him a spot in a hero course someday , as well as a charming smile that let him get away with everything. They never treated her as a little girl , so she never expected anyone else too , not that she minded. Coz ... which little girl was told to protect their mothers ? No , little boys were given that command , not little girls. And so she vowed to protect her mother , no matter what.  And as young as she was at that time , she had decided on keeping that image , and before you knew it , "Izuki Midoriya" was no more and "Izuku Midoriya" had become the new persona. A petite little boy who strived to become the number 1 hero. Yet , you still have to wonder after all this , how no one had ever questioned Midoriya's gender , is that part of something that could later be unraveled ?

(They Don't go by the dorm system yet and yes Izuki changes in the boys locker room or changing room if you would , but she only uses it when she thinks that no one else is there and when she thinks that she's alone)

~~~

Bakugou had still been in the locker room , long after everyone else had left. He was paying special attention to the new bruise he'd gotten on the left side of his belly button , al because he had made Kiri 'give him all he got' when they were sparring earlier for training. That blonde really new how to push people's buttons. He had a talent for it. He was in the midst of buttoning his white shirt when he heard a long sigh and the lock of the door closing.

"Strange" he muttered as he popped his head out and noticed the walking broccoli with freckles slump against the door , watching as he unwrapped the bandages from his wrists , roll it into a ball and throw it into the trash can a few feet away. He's blood boiled and fists clenched , he was about to say something like "get outta my way nerd" but the sight of Izuku ripping off his training uniform had shut him up.

"Recovery girls going to end me" Izuku muttered as he bundled his uniform shirt and shoved it into his duffel bag before moving away from the door and towards the benches where he sat down and pulled out his normal uniform , "Break anything more and you won't be able to use your hands , you're being too carefree with your quirk , your body needs time to accustom to the power flowing through your body , you can't just use it all Willy-nilly" he continued muttering.

"What is that ?! A vest ? It looks ... thick or something ? No ..." Bakugou wondered as he watched Midoriya.

"I've gotta call Mr Dave again and Melissa , they did wonders with this" Izuku muttered again as he looked down at his chest , a plain black binder wrapped tightly around his body. He smiled.

Bakugou's mind raced as he watched this. He felt as though he had forgotten how to breathe , he'd insides clenching and churning.

Izuku finished changing and walked to the mirror that was situated near the taps and examined himself closely in the mirror. "Second year and no incidents. I really need to thank everyone again for making this work ... " Deku sighed with relief , packed his bag and walked towards the locker room door and unlocked it. He then walked to class really quickly because he didn't want to be late and make Mr Aizawa mad. 

Bakugou heard Izuku leave and hurried towards the sinks , steadying his hands and breathing heavily. "Holy crap , how the fuck did I forget that Deku- Deku's a- " he thought while he opened the taps to wash his hands and splashed some water onto his face . "Fuck !" He yelled at himself then walked over to class 2A because he couldn't risk being late to another class of Mr Aizawa's.

From when Bakugou left the bathroom and got to class he didn't say a word nor did he look like he was interested in anything. All he could think about was the way he had treated Deku all these years , while also wrecking his brain , trying to figure out how he could forget something as big as that . While he was in class he kept on glancing at Deku whenever he got a chance to and started noticing all his lady like features that he had over looked in the past. All of this had triggered Bakugou's memories of when he had bullied poor Deku , falling into another relapse as the sludge villain incident played over and over. He had learnt how to conceal these panic attacks better , as he laid his head onto his desk and took long deep breathes , he's hands making small pops every now and then until he had completely calmed down.

Mr Aizawa dismissed class an hour later and everyone had left except Bakugou who was still lost in thought , staring out the window and making small explosions with his hands . 

As Deku was packing his stuff in his bag he noticed that Bakugou was still sitting down and looked absolutely lost in that head of his.

Year 2 was way different then he's first year , he had hardly spoken to Bakugou as they no longer sit near each other and are hardly paired up during practices , courtesy of Mr Aizawa.

Deku packed his bag, slung it over one shoulder then he walked towards Bakugou, "Class is over, you okay ?" Deku asked while standing a foot away from Bakugou.

Bakugou snapped out of his trance and looked at Deku who was standing in front of him. "Yeah , I'm fine nerd" he whispered while getting up from his seat and pushed all his stuff in his bag. He walked away from his seat , then walked towards the classroom door. When he got to the door he looked behind him to see that Deku was still standing there.

Deku said nothing , brushed off whatever he just said and walked to Mr Aizawa who had just crawled into his sleeping bag.

Bakugou simply and rather harshly  "Tsk" and walked out the class door.

That night when Bakugou got home he ate dinner then showered . He went up to his room because he was drained and tried to fall asleep . But he couldn't. The only thing he could think about was Deku , wondering about how he never realized who he was and how he had suddenly gotten so much stronger compared to their first year. Bakugou once again had felt empty and useless , the pressure of not being the best (as he claimed to be) heavy on his shoulder.

When Bakugou did finally fall asleep , he's dreamed were filled with the incidents of the past 2 years. The sludge villain , entry exams , the festival , being kidnapped by the League and the end of All Might's legacy. He woke with his chest heaving and tears streaming down his face. He shoved his face into his callused hands and friend silently. Something he'd been doing far too often. Yes Bakugou fucken Katsuki was crying. 

When it was time for school the next morning , Bakugou got out of bed , went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and changed into his UA uniform. He then went downstairs for breakfast and saw his mother in the kitchen.

When Mitsuki noticed her son was sitting at the kitchen table she turned around , placed his plate of food on the table and looked at her son.She noticed that his eyes were red and puffy.  A bunch of thoughts went through her head as she was trying to process why her son was crying and why bags were beginning to form under his eyed. " Got any sleep last night ?" She asked carefully.

Her son then looked at her and asked , "Is Deku a girl?"

...

Credits to - Jaz Angel on Pinterest for allowing me to use the art in the cover page
Thanks for reading this , it's really appreciated