Chapter 18 - Coffee

*DISCLAIMER THIS PART HAS SOME DARK THEMES. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE*

Craig's POV:

I was so angry. How dare Tweek say that. He got me in so much shit and now i'm going to hear from it when I get home. Sluggishly I walk down the street. How can I possibly be gay, why would he even admit to that. I never held his stupid hand, i never touched him like that.

I enter my house and see my good for nothing father lounging on the sofa, what a supprise he is drunk again. This was how he spent his time since my mother left him. Something about him being in a strip club or something. He looked at me and saw I was home and didn't care.

"The school phoned me and told me what you did. This is the last straw Craig. You are dead to me. I no longer have a son" he slurred. I just shrugged and went to my room. It's not like he ever treated me as a son. He always acted like I was a slave. Once my door was shut I slid down the door and hugged my knees. Out there I am tough and mean because that is what people see me as, but in here, behind closed doors I am calmer, different, i'm not angry. It is all an act at school because I had to be tough one time. NO ONE knows the real me. Behind closed doors I am actually a nice person, I have feelings and emotions. I actually care about people.

All the thoughts caught up with me. The words my father said burned in my mind but that was not upsetting me, what upset me was the fact things were going well between me and tweek then I just go and fuck it up. Ever since the cartman got him in hospital I have eased off him. At the start it was all fun and games but then we crossed the line. Tears fell from my eyes. Why am i'm crying over Tweek? Now that I think about it Tweek's dad didn't seem to care about him. Everyone at school is an ass to him because of me. His life must be horrible. Why did I do all those things to him. Why did I have to keep up the charade.

The more I thought the more I cried. I pulled up my sleve and added to my collection. No one new I did this, no one knew my life is shitty and I despised every second of it. My arms were full of scars and cuts. I don't know why I do this. I guess it makes me feel alive. 1...2...3 quickly became 22...23....24. I stared at the crimson liquid dripping to the floor for a while. My arm was stinging as the air hit. This numb sensation made me feel alive. I've done this for as long as I could remember. It was my way of punishing myself for my stupid mistakes. My coping mechanism. The only thing that worked other than coffee. When I was satisfied I had punished myself enough I put down my razor and cleaned my arm. This was always the bit I hated, the clean up. It always made me feel so guilty.

From this day on I will not harm Tweek anymore. I did like him a little, okay maybe a lot. I've had a secret crush oh him ever since I set set eyes on him. I dunno what it is about blond boys that makes me so aroused. My feelings grew stronger when i saw him in hospital, it made me feel i just wanted to protect him and help him. Almost like i had no other choice but to protct him from harms way. My head was a mess, i needed to calm down, i needed a coffee.

I get up grab my wallet and sneek out on to the lower roof and out on to he patio. Coffee always helped me think, it always calmed me down when i was stressed or overthinking. I walked along the road the fresh snow sending a shiver down my spine. There used to be a really good coffee shop in town but that went bankrupt and has been shut for months. I heard that a new one had opened up about a month ago just past the cinema. Slowly heading that way i noticed that town was quiet. It didn't bother me too much as I hated people anyway. They always stopped in the way or were just plain annoying. Turning left I saw the new coffee shop in the distance, it looked fancy. Walking in the strong smell of coffee flooded my nostrils. It smelt amazing, like if heaven was a smell this would be it. This place was decorated with several framed posters of coffee beans, mugs hanging from the ceiling to create a chandelier and many inspirational quotes painted to the walls.

"Welcome to Tweak Bros Coffee...what can I get for you" a male voice says addressing me. I look at him. my face drops. It was Tweek's father. I glare at him and place my order. He put the order through. Tweak Bros Coffee. Of course it is their coffee house. Now it makes sence. I see a woman come out from the back carrying a large sack of beans. She didn't shut the door, me being nosey i had a quick glance out back. The back room was dark and gloomy, not as bright as out here. Towards the back was some sofas sat under a dim light. I squint my eyes and saw a figure laying on the sofa under a blanket. I gasp silently, it was Tweek. The woman shut the door to the back and locked it up handing the key back to Mr Tweak. She mumbled something under her breath and continued her work. After a fue moments she smiled and handed me my coffee. I took my coffee and thanked her then left the coffee shop.

Why did she lock Tweek in the backroom. She didnt look happy about it. I sighrd and walked into the woods. There was a spot that I liked to go to when I got upset. This place was silent and peaceful. Slowly I watched the sun set over the lake. The colours of amber and crimson painted the sky. I sighed deeply. I wish I could tell Tweek how I felt about him. I'm such an idoit. He hates my guts and that is all my fault. I stayed admiring the sunset until the cold winter air hit my lungs. Before i knew it bright stars shone above my head. Its time to head back. My father will probably be passed out in the couch at this point.

The path back to town was dimly light causing me to stumble slightly on the uneven ground and roots that stuck out. I grumble slightly and head towards the orange glow of street lights. The floor became smooth and I was able to see where I was going. i didnt really pay attention to where i was going my eyes were glued to the floor like usual. When I glance up i realise I was standing infront of Tweek's house. I knew this becasue the 'sold' sign was still hammered in the grass. Why am i here? I started to panic. Why did i walk here. As if this situation couldn't get anyworse, out of nowhere heavy rain poured from the sky. Great i hate the rain. I hate feeling damn and soggy. I groan and make a dash for the bus stop across the street. Before i knew it I was laying qon my back holding my head in pain. Did i hit my head or something. Carefully I move my hands and say blood. Shit i'm bleading. I paniced more. Get up stop laying in the road you dumbass. Why cant I move. My vision went burry and i struggled to focus. The last thing i see is a persons shillouete standing above me.

Darkness......