Fixing Far From Home

I couldn't think of a better title for this.  I think FFH was an amazing movie but it was lacking a certain genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

It had been two months since the blip, that's what everyone was calling it. Two months since half the population had returned. Two months since the battle against the Mad Titan and his army of freaky aliens. Peter still had nightmares from the battle that almost took his father-figure away from him.

Sometimes in Peter's nightmares, he never made it to Mr. Stark in time. He would watch helplessly as the life drained from his hero's eyes and would wake up in a cold sweat with hot tears staining his cheeks. On those nights he would make his way to Tony's room and cuddle in between Tony and Pepper right next to Morgan in the king-sized bed. Tony would run his fingers through Peter's soft, unruly curls to calm his distressed kid. Tony made sure that his kid knew that he was still there, that he had saved him.

Tony was still recovering from the damage the Infinity Stones had done to his body. Peter had spent countless hours working alongside Bruce Banner to make Tony a prosthetic arm that was nothing short of what he deserved. When Peter finally showed Tony what he had been working on, the older man's heart filled with pride and unconditional love for the child he had come to love as his own.

The Starks had moved back into the tower, mainly so Tony had easy access to the medbay but also so he could keep an eye on Peter. Peter stayed at the tower most of the time. His Aunt May was always busy with her job at the hospital and the homeless shelter.

******

"Dad! I'm home from school!" Peter shouted as he exited the elevator.

"Hey Pete, how was school?" Tony said, looking up from his spot on the sofa.

"Good, school was good. Umm- I uh, I need you to sign a permission slip for me if you don't mind. I was gonna have May sign it, but she's just always so busy, and I didn't want to bother her ya know?"

"Of course kiddo, where ya going?"

"My class is taking a trip to Europe."

"Europe? That's a little far away from New York, don't you think? I mean, what if something happens?"

"Please, Dad! Nothing is going to happen, I promise! It's just that this is my first class trip since we've been back and I came up with this whole plan to ask MJ to be my girlfriend because I really like her. I was going to take her to the top of the Eiffel Tower and then--"

Tony chuckled at Peter's nervous ramblings. "Okay kiddo, you can go."

"YES!" Peter yelled, jumping in the air as he celebrated.  "Thank you, Dad! You're the best!" Peter said while skipping away in excitement.

"Ummm, Peter?" Tony called out after the cheerful teenager. "Don't I still have to sign your permission slip?"

"Oh, uh right, duh," Peter slapped himself on the forehead.

"Here, take these Peter," Tony said as he handed Peter a pair of glasses and the signed permission slip. "Just in case."

Tony had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach but chose to ignore it after seeing how happy his boy was. At least he had the glasses to protect him.

******

"Dad is going to kill me," Peter whispered to himself after watching the local news channel's report of his most recent battle against the giant water monster. Peter took a deep breath and finally summoned the courage to call his dad.