Chapter two

Will's POV

By the time I get back to cabin thirteen I realize that Nico fell asleep in my arms. He looks so peaceful and content. His dark hair is covering his eyes and the top of his nose. His lips rosy perfect pink lips are turned up at the corners as if he is having a nice dream. He looks so innocent, and he is. Even after all that he has been through he still manages to wake up every morning and even smile.

I lay him on his bed and pull the blanket up onto him. I'm considering taking off his shoes but decide against it, not wanting to wake him up. Then I just kind of stand there for a moment, the without exactly being able to process, I act on impulse and slowly lean down to give him the gentlest peck on his pale forehead. I turn and head out the door, not exactly sure where I'm going, but just knowing that I need a little bit of alone time.

Nico's POV

I open my eyes only to find myself sitting on dark damp dirt in what appears to be a dark dingy cave with long tunnels on all sides of me leading gods know where. I look up and see small crevices the low hung and uneven cave ceiling, that provide small bursts of light to shine through, just enough so that I can make everything out. It smells really strange in a sense that you would never suspect such a place to smell like this; fruity. Like one of those hand cream stores that every mall seems to have at least one of, (how I know that is another story).

I slowly stand up and find that I'm not wearing any shoes, at not much at all, only a loose wife beater and basketball shorts. That is so weird! What in the hades is going on? I would never wear such horrendous clothing! Why didn't I relies that sooner, I wonder. But then again I think that it's because I'm completely warm, even though I'm barely wearing anything at all.

"Hello." Booms a masculine voice out of nowhere. I jump back in a alarm and reach for my sword, although it isn't there. The sound bounces off the cave walls and echoes.

"I've been expecting you, son of Hades." Booms the loud voice one again. Why does that voice sound so familiar?...

"Are you ready for the next step?" It asks me.

What next step? What is this voice talking about? Who is this? I decide to settle for the last question.

'Who are you?' I try to say but no sound comes out an next thing I know, the voice starts laughing heartily and the ground beneath me disappears. Before I even have time to register that thought I'm falling down down down, and somehow I know that I'm falling down into the depths of Tartarus.

I jump awake and realize that it was all just a dream. I am drenched in sweat and my heart is still racing. I relies that I'm in my bed, but that's weird because I don't remember going to bed... Then it all comes rushing back to me. Will, the camp, the Romans, Gaia, everything.

And i know that it probably sound cruel, but I can't help but smile, because in the end things turned out better tan I could have hoped for.

************************************************************

Sorry that the chapter was so short but I promise to make the next one by Thursday and it will be worth the wait ;) I hope that whoever is reading this is enjoying it although not many people have read it... But to those of you who have I appreciate it A LOT and I hope that you all reach Elysium! XOXO -Maria