Chapter 14: Reasoning

(This will be a bit of a long chapter with a lot of POV shifts)

Jacob's POV~

I was heading for the school. Once I get to the entrance, I wait for Tyler to show up. Soon, I get a phone call. It was Axel. I answer the phone and listen to Axel speak. "Hey, I'm going to try and avoid contact with Tyler. I know he's going to do the same. In that time, please, get me back my Tyler! I love him and you know that!" I nod and say "Yes, I know. I support you remember. And I'm going to help make things right. I also need you to do me a favor." Axel then responds loudly "ANYTHING!!!! Just help me get my Tyler back!" I laugh and say "Yeah, but this has to do with getting him back." He says okay and I explain. "I still think that cat from before has something to do with it. I want you to keep him with you. I think I have an idea what's happening, but talking with Tyler is a better thing to do than make assumptions." Axel agrees and says "Okay, I'll talk and distract him while you talk to Tyler." I nod and say "Good. I'm at the school now. You keep an eye on that cat. I'll deal with Tyler." Axel agrees again and says "Don't think of hurting Tyler either. If you do, you're as good as dead." I chuckle and say "Don't worry, I won't." He hangs up the phone and I sit down to look over some notes. Soon, people start to enter the school grounds and I see Tyler by himself, looking just as gloom as before. I walk over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. I smile and ask "Hey! You don't look so good. What's with the sad look?" Tyler just shakes his head and says "It's nothing." Boy, this is going to be hard. Need to be persistent.

Meanwhile, in Axel's POV~

I was walking towards the school. I was looking around for that cat. If I was going to get my Tyler back, I'll have to listen to that damn tiger. Anyway, I see the cat and walk to him, however, it seems he noticed me first as he walks over to me. He smiles at me and says "Hey Axel! Remember me? Eric." I nod and reply "Yes, of course I remember." He nods happily and asks "Hey, I've heard you've been going through something. Is that true?" I sigh and say "Just been feeling a little down lately, that's all. But I can pull through on my own." He nods and asks "May I hang out with you for a bit?" I think about what the damn tiger said and sigh. "Sure." He nods happily and we walk to the school. I see Tyler walk away from Jacob with a sad look as Jacob sighs. I could tell that this wouldn't be easy for Jacob. I hear that same cat named Eric call my name as he waved to me. I look at Tyler with a hopeful look. I need my Tyler back. As soon as possible. I walk into the school with Eric and we walk to class together. I sit down and Eric does as well. I look back to see Jacob talking with Tyler. Eric looks at me and asks "What are you looking at?" I shake my head and say "It's nothing. Just thoughts in my head." He shrugs and we wait for the teacher to show up.

Jacob's POV~

I start to talk with Tyler again. He looks at me and I smile again. I then say "Come on, bud. You can talk to me. I'm here for you, remember? You can tell me what's on your mind." He smiles and says "Thanks, but I'm fine." I smile and say "Okay." Inside my head, I'm screaming. He is most definitely NOT okay. It's obvious. I look over to Axel as he looks back at Tyler. The black cat from before talks to Axel about something. All I see is Axel shake his head and respond to him. They both continue to talk. I look at Tyler and see him drawing. I sigh and wait for the teacher to come in. After class was over, I send a text to Axel to tell him to meet me in the boys bathroom. He quickly responds with an "Okay."

Axel's POV~

I was approaching to my 'next class,' as the black cat followed. I go to the bathroom and Eric follows me. I ask him "I'm just going to the bathroom, I'll catch up later, okay?" He nods and walks off. I go into the bathroom and see Jacob standing there. I ask him desperately "Please tell me you found out what's wrong with Tyler!" He shakes his head and says "It's really difficult. Tyler is keeping in his thoughts." I nod my head and look down. He lifts my chin and puts his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, I'm going to make this right. Tyler belongs to you. And I still hope for your future with him." I nod and he pats my cheek and says "I'll talk with him at lunch. You take that cat to the unused classroom and eat there." I nod and we head our separate ways. Hopefully, Jacob will be able to get Tyler back with me.

Jacob's POV~

I was going to my next classroom. Same as always, we all were in the same class. Including that cat. We all watched as our French teacher wrote some words on the board and we had to translate them. After everyone translated a word, we had a quiz. Tyler did good, you could tell. He was confident when taking tests or quizzes. However, as soon as he handed it in, he went back into a gloomy state. As he walked back to his desk, he tripped and fell into Axel, who was already done with his quiz. Tyler quickly got up and muttered a "Sorry." I could see it in Axel's behavior that he was trying so hard not to grab Tyler and hold him close. I look at the cat who was glaring daggers into Tyler's back as he walked back to his desk. Tyler put his head down on the desk and waited for the bell to ring. Once it did, we all headed to Lunch. Once I grabbed mine and Tyler grabbed his lunch, I dragged Tyler to the roof. Once we were there, I looked around to make sure we were alone.

Axel's POV~

I was with Eric as we got out of class. After Tyler fell into me, I had this huge urge to just grab and go. Keep him in bed and make sure he stays with me and tells me what's wrong. I need to find out soon. I grabbed my lunch and Eric grabbed his and I asked "Hey, how about we eat at the unused classroom, for some privacy?" Eric nods and we head to the classroom. We both sit down and talk about random things.

Jacob's POV~

I sit down with Tyler. He sits down as well and I put my lunch aside. I then say "Okay Tyler. I've had enough of this. Your negativity is making me sad, and I hate it. Just tell me what's wrong so I can help you." Tyler looks at me shocked. Tears start to leak from his eyes as he shakes his head. I rub his back and ask "What happened?" He shakes his head again and I ask "It's what I said, isn't it?" He looks at me and I sigh. I then say "Someone likes Axel, and they did something, right?" More tears leak from his eyes. I sigh and say "I knew it." I then ask "Who did it?" He shakes his head with more tears following suit. I hug him and say "I'm here, so you can tell me. I'm here for you." He shakes his head and says "H-He'll hurt me a-again." I then say "Did you just say 'hurt?'" He covers his mouth, realizing what he just said. I then ask "Where did he hurt you?" Tyler hesitantly lifts up his shirt to reveal a huge bruise on his stomach. I gasp and say "That's bad! Why didn't you tell anyone?!" He cries and says "He said that if I told anyone he'd make my life hell." I nod and hug him. "I promise, I'll keep you safe." He hugs back. He cries into my chest for a bit and once he calms down, I ask "What did he say?" He explains to me what happened and I nod. I look around again and make sure no one is here. I then say to him "Listen Tyler." He looks at me and I continue. "Axel feels terrible. He feels like he did something terribly wrong. He's so upset. He wants you by his side, but you keep avoiding him." Tyler nods and says "He also said that if I told Axel, he's make my life miserable." I nod and say "Don't worry, he won't. Not anymore. I'll keep you safe, okay?" Tyler nods and we continue our lunch.

Timeskip and Axel's POV~

I was at home thinking about Tyler. I was waiting patiently for Jacob to text me. I soon get the notification and immediately look at the caller too see it was Jacob. I immediately answer. I listen to Jacob's voice and he says "I found out what happened. However, I don't know who did it." I then ask "Okay, so tell me what happened." I listen to the story and rage soon filled my eyes. Someone hurt Tyler. Somebody hurt MY Tyler. They're not going to get away with it. Never will they. Soon Jacob says "I recommend you keep Tyler close to you. Even if he hates it. The only place you'll give him privacy is obvious places like the bathroom. And if he receives a note, throw it away and keep him with you. Remember, it's for his safety. I'll see if I can find out who did it." I agree and smile. I lay down in bed and look at my home screen. "Don't worry, Tyler. I'll keep you safe and no one will ever hurt you. Not on my watch."