Chapter 2: A New Friend

Tyler's POV~

So far this week has been great. However, Axel was my only friend. Even if he was a major flirt. It doesn't help when he sits next to me in every single class.

Anyway, I was making it to my next class when I ran into someone. I immediately said sorry and picked up their things. I went to get up and my sight came across a pair of beautiful blue eyes.

They stood up fully and I saw that it was a Siberian tiger. He was only a little shorter than Axel, but I was still shorter than him by about half a foot. He gazed down at me and thanked me.

I head to my class and my mind was still focused on his eyes. After awhile, I got my mind off it, but it seems that Axel noticed in that short amount of time that I was focused on things other than class.

We head to lunch and Axel stayed near me. I went to my locker to get my packed lunch and he went to the cafeteria to get his. When I looked at my locker, I saw a note that said "Meet me on the roof and I'll introduce myself." However, whoever this person was didn't sign their name.

I was curious as to who it was, so I quickly grabbed my lunch and headed to the roof. I looked around and saw the same white tiger I saw before. He said a quick hi and I sat down. He then said as he was unpacking his lunch "My names Jacob. I don't know if you noticed, but I'm in a few of your classes." He takes his hand out and I shake it in response. I then say in a nice tone "My names Tyler, I'm new."

He then chuckles and says "So you're the one everyone is talking about." I look at him curiously and ask "What?" However, he just says not to worry about it much. I didn't want to annoy him, so I just didn't say anything about it.

He then says "If you'd like to know about it, I can tell you later." I nod and then he says "Just be sure that Axel isn't around." I then say to him with a sad smile "Yeah, that's going to be hard. Axel doesn't like leaving me alone for some reason. He's always flirting with me and I tell him that I'm not interested, but he doesn't seem to care." Jacob just nods his head and continues to eat. I excuse myself from our conversation and head to the bathroom.

Axel's POV~

I head to the roof, looking for my Tyler, but I can't seem to find him anywhere. Once I got to the roof, I saw Jacob with his lunch and another lunch box. I noticed it was Tyler's and ran over. I pulled him up and pinned him to the wall and ask "What did you do to Tyler?" He pushes me and says "Nothing, we were just talking." I let go and then say in a threatening voice "You better not think of taking him away from me. Tyler's mine." Jacob chuckles and says "Don't seem like he's interested in you." I smile and say "He will be eventually. Someday he'll fly into my loving arms. Until then, I have to be patient. This game of hard to get will end eventually. And it'll end with him being mine." Jacob chuckles and says "You're really determined." I then say "How can I not be? Do you not notice how cute Tyler is?" Jacob then says "Yeah, he's cute, but I'm not really interested in him. At least, not in that way. So don't worry too much about me." I nod and I look over to see Tyler there.

Tyler's POV~

I look and see Axel talking to Jacob. I was wondering what they were talking about. Once Axel noticed me, he runs straight to me in a big hug as he nuzzles my face.

He let's go after a little bit and hugs me tightly. "I was so worried! Don't go anywhere else without telling me first, okay?" I get out of his arms and reply. "You shouldn't tell me where I should go. Also, why should I tell you where I'm going?" Axel just says "Well, you were supposed to have lunch with me alone, but you left without me and left me hanging."

Being the shy person I am, I looked at him guilty and said "Yeah, I get your point. I'm sorry." He smirks and says "You can make it up to me with a kiss~" I then give him a bit of a bored expression as I say "How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not interested in you?" He then pats my head and says "It'll happen eventually." I look at him and said "You wish."

I sit down and and explained him the situation. "I was just trying to get to know Jacob here." Jacob smirks before wrapping his arm around my shoulders, pulling me toward him as he says "Yup. Tyler here is now my little buddy."

Jacob's POV~

To test to see how much Axel likes Tyler, I pull Tyler close to me and say "Yup. Tyler here is now my little buddy." I look down to see Tyler blushing. I look at Axel for a brief second before Tyler was pulled away from me and next to Axel as he says "Yeah, I don't think so." I chuckle and see him glaring at me. I look down to Tyler and see that he's still blushing. Either because of me or because of Axel, but I really couldn't tell who.

The bell rings and Tyler heads off to his next class. I get up to head to mine, but before I could get far, Axel stops me and says angrily "What. Was. THAT!?! You just said you weren't interested in him!" I said to him "I was just checking what type of person you'd be in a relationship." Axel then says "That doesn't concern you. I already made it clear that my heart is attached to Tyler." I laugh and say "Yeah, but I was just making sure if Tyler would be safe around you. And it seems he is."

Axel looks at me and says "What do you mean?" I then say "Even if you're the hottest guy in the grade, you have a pure soul. You're the type to act all cool, but when it comes to someone you love, you get very protective and selfless. Those are good qualities in relationships."

He nods and leaves before I say "I support you on your way to get Tyler." He just looks back at me with a calm, but determined look. "Don't get in my way. Tyler's mine." I laugh before I head to my next class.