Escape

Dazai and Ranpo definitely know something about this. They've been in a conversation no one else could understand, even if they tried.

The confused Tanizaki finally tapped on Kunikida's desk. "We need do something quick."

Kunikida nodded in agreement. "Ranpo," he called out.

"Yeah?" The man turned to him with a carefree grin.

"Can you figure out where they are taking him?" Kunikida asked.

Ranpo frowned, feeling doubted. "Huh! As if there's anything I can't figure out! Of course, I, the great and humble, am able to locate Atsushi."

Kunikida looked at Ranpo, as if waiting for more from the detective. Ranpo just got his glasses ready with a smug look on his face.

+++

"It has almost been an hour by now. Is the brat done?" Chuuya asked impatiently.

"No, we need more time, sir." Louis answered calmly.

Chuuya cursed under his breath.

"We can't wait here forever, then. We'll bring him back to the headquarters." Chuuya looked at his watch. "Get him in the vehicle." He ordered the men in black.

They opened the cage and two entered to carry the unconcious boy while the rest secured the exit. They first observed if Atsushi was awake and if his limbs are still limb. Nothing. One of the men, a big one, carried him in his arms.

They opened the back door of the vehicle to reveal a bigger cage inside, enough to fit a living tiger. They wasted no time putting Atsushi in and locked it.

Suddenly a loud bang was heard along with the noise of a man screaming in pain. One of them has been shot on the knee. Everyone readied their weapons as they turned to the attacker. It was Kunikida's shot.

The group ran towards Kunikida's figure from afar, trying to outnumber him while unsparingly firing their weapons. To their surprise, the man disappeared from their vision and reappeared elsewhere, taking down another man. Little did they know, the man they were fighting was not Kunikida, as they got themselves caught in Tanizaki's illusion.

The real Kunikida is alongside Dazai who is grinning down on his old partner.

"You should know better that we'll figure out this place and come here." Dazai teased as they started fighting.

"You just can't pick another day to ruin someone's life, can you?" Chuuya growled, knowing nothing good is up for him if Dazai is there.

Dazai smiled wider.

Kenji, carefree as ever, waltzed up to the vehicle, peeled the back door like banana skin, and threw it away.

"Atsushi-kun!" Kenji called out as soon as he saw Atsushi. He called out a few more times before he decided to rip the cage open and just carry him on his back.

"Kenji has him! Let's go!"

The agency was quick as they moved like they planned. Dazai teased the frustrated Chuuya before leaving him to go home empty handed. Knowing Chuuya, he would not back down so easily. Veins popped here and there, hinting anger and the growing need for revenge. Revenge especially on Dazai. Like a predator, he eyed his prey who is running away fast. He was about to blast himself back to the team, but was held back by a hand tugging on his shirt.

"What now, boy? If you're not gonna help get that tiger back, just keep hiding in that car. It makes you more useful than now." Chuuya said, anger in his tone.

"The boss called us back." Louis answered, unfazed.

"We'll go back after we get that tiger--"

"I've told the boss everything. He said he wants us back now." Louis continued.

"Tch."

Whatever Mori has in mind, it better be interesting.

+++

Atsushi's eyes snapped open and quickly rose, as if waking up from a terrible nightmare. He felt horrible. His head spins, his ears ringing, and the feeling of nausea does not make things better.

"Woah, calm down, boy." Yosano held Atsushi back down in a calming manner.

"What about the mafia?" Atsushi's breathings relaxed.

"They retreated as soon as we saved you. Are you okay? How do you feel?" Tanizaki approached.

"...Not very good, actually. I feel really tired. Like... really tired." His hand reached his head, trying to ease the pain.

"What happened back then?" Tanizaki asked.

"I wish I know. They put me in a cage and there's this boy... his eyes..." Atsushi slowed down and stopped talking. His eyes frozen, staring to space. A flashback occured, but he recalled so little. He didn't know what happened. Just the image of Louis with his glowing golden eyes.

"Atsushi? Atsushi?" Tanizaki shook the boy. Nothing.

"Let me try." Yosano stepped up. "Atsushi?" she called his name softly before a sinister smirk appeared on her face. She then gave the boy a good kick on the face. Tanizaki screamed.

Atsushi fell off the bed, hands back on his head from the pain. "Why'd you do that, Yosano-san?" he cried.

Yosano and Tanizaki raised their eyebrows, "You didn't answer us when we called you. What were you thinking of when you were spacing out?"

Atsushi was back silent before mumbling some words, "A new boy... mafia..."

"So there's this boy in the mafia? What did he do to you?"

Atsushi took his time to answer, "He has an ability... I don't remember what it is..." Atsushi felt his head pounding the more he tried to remember the moment.

"I've done some medical checkup on you. There's nothing wrong with your body. Only, there's a wound on your back. Did you hit it on something?" Yosano playfully slapped Atsushi's back despite knowing about the wound. Atsushi yelped.

"Wait... He... Louis used his ability on me!" Atsushi remembered.

"So his name is Louis? What happened then?" Tanizaki asked, his serious face hinting worries for his friend.

"...Sorry. I don't remember anything else. Only his golden eyes."

"Atsushi-kun~ Are you awake?" Dazai appeared out of nowhere, leaning on the open entrance. Everyone was surprised, but was back at their pace since they've been so used to it. He then approached the boy and made a confused look. "Oh? Did your hair become darker?"

Everyone turned back to the boy.

"I didn't realize it sooner..." Tanizaki said, his eyes obeserving the slight change of color. Atsushi's once silver hair changed to a slightly darker shade of grey. They thought it might just be caused by the lighting of the room, but turning the lights on proves Dazai's sentence.

Atsushi looked at his own reflection at a small mirror they gave him. Being too tired to think at all, he excused himself, "I'll figure this out later. I'm really not feeling that well--"

Atsushi suddenly vomitted, his insides turning, too uncomfortable for him to bear. It sounded like he was trying to apologize but a second round blocked him from doing so.

After cleaning uo the mess, his concerned friends left him to rest.

"If you need anything, there's a button next to you." Yosano stated before closing the door.

Atsushi felt himself getting sleepy, but he couldn't sleep. He felt like dying. Nothing is comfortable to him. All he can do is bear with it all in silence.