Deleted Chapter: Yuzuko's Grief

(Takes place during the Day Zero Chapter. I deleted it because nobody liked it, but I might bring it back into the main story once it's been completed.) 

Robots and humans living as one: that was her grandfather's dream. Kyoto was a utopia that she was proud to call home. Her only wish was to make her family proud with top grades, doll-faced beauty, and burning all her leftover energy working for her grandfather's IT firm. Her greatest task of all was to be a loving mother to her infant son, who would only know his father through a tombstone.

Higushiotani Cemetery was the perfect resting place for husband, Hiroki Shikumi with perfect views of the rising sun. She spent months etching out in her mind the perfect letter of apology. An apology he would never read.

"I'm not the angel they think I am, Hiroki." She spoke as if he was still living. She began to scratch the palms of her hands. Something was crawling on her skin like a bug crawling around with its little legs. "I'm..." The apology could never come out. "I've brought great shame and dishonour to our family. I need to find a way to make it right." She could imagine his deep laugh and whack on the back. If he was alive, he would have told her to stop acting foolish.

Yuzuko thought to herself, maybe she didn't deserve the day where she could kiss Sakura's cheek in public.

Patting the tombstone, Yuzuko pressed her lips against Hiroki's name. "There are three things that will make the world a better place. Firstly, Sia Bucks should go to jail for her crimes against humanity. Secondly, every city should be beautiful like Kyoto. Thirdly, I've longed for the day when I can hold Sakura's hand on the street and carry our boy Koichi as we walk on by. It's time for me to go to work. I hope Kiki's okay. Farewell, Hiroki..."

She tried calling Kiki's number. The response was thunderous stomping and heavy rainfall. "Kiki! If you can hear me, please give me a sign that you are okay."

The phone went quiet for a few seconds until jazz music began to play randomly. Then a sickly sweet voice boomed in her earhole. "Congratulations, you and Sakura have won an exclusive tour around the UK!"

"Sia Bucks!" Yuzuko gasped. If it wasn't for Sia's voice, she knew The phone slipped from her hands. "A tour? I don't want a tour. I want Aunt Kiki back."

"Yes, my dear and your lovely girlfriend have won the trip of the lifetime. Your Aunt Kiki has been helping us prepare the award for you."

"Wait slow down!" Yuzuko gritted her teeth. "How could I have won then I haven't entered? I don't understand. Where is Kiki? Please bring her back!"

"A taxi will be coming for you in ten minutes. Oh isn't this exciting."

"That doesn't answer my question!" The line went dead and at the bottom of the road was a black limousine with Sakura inside. Hard to tell at the top of the hill. Running down the hill, she knew it was Sakura, she always wore that yellow dress with the blossoms stitched on. At first, Yuzuko asked herself what the hell she was doing? Against her initial judgement and instinct, she approached the car. It was certain to be a scam, but it meant Kiki and Sakura's lives were on the line, then so be it.

"SAKURA!" Yuzuko swung the car door open and removed ripped the tape constricting Sakura's thighs and wrist. "What are you doing?" Yuzuko screamed at the driver, punching him. "Let Sakura and Kiki go!"

"Yuzuko!" Sakura sobbed, clutching onto her chest. "Thank God! You're here."

A head popped out of the passenger's seat in front. "Girls."

Yuzuko trashed against the backseat at the familiar face. Cheeks flushing as she banged into Sakura's chest. "Mother!"

"Please calm down." Yuzuko's mother said with a smile. "We have to do this. Or else Sia will keep trolling him. You and your grandpa need some time apart."

"Isolation won't do him no good!" Yuzuko snapped.

"Don't snap at your mother."

"Under the circumstances, I have every right to." Yuzuko clutched onto Sakura's hand. "Let's get out of here. Warn everybody." The car doors locked automatically and the driver zoomed away. The two girls tried crying for help on either side of the window.

"LISTEN TO ME!" Yuzuko's mother screamed at the top of her voice. The two girls stopped, cowering together. "You want to stop Sia Bucks destroying everything our family has worked for? Do you want to atone for your ultimate mistake? You have to overthrow her."

"What do you talking about?" Yuzuko asked. She understood that she was wrong for cheating on her husband and she was still paying the price for it. All she wanted was to live in peace with her family. "What else have I got to do?"

"You both have to play Sia's game."

Yuzuko was unable to speak. She had never felt so pale and clammy in all her life. She looked over at Sakura who mirrored her pale complexion.

"The Game of Mass Destruction?" Sakura squealed. "Why would you do this to us. We can't destroy the robots. We love them."

"You don't have to destroy the robots," Yuzuko's mother said with a smile stretching to the corner of her left cheek. "Just have lots of sex with everybody - it's the easiest way to earn points."

"You want me to cheat on Sakura?" Yuzuko asked. She could believe that the woman in the passenger seat was her mother. It was as if she was a pawn.

"Go ahead. I'd love more grandchildren."

Yuzuko's mother was a kind and caring person. When Yuzuko had any problems, her mother would be there to wipe the tears away. Harumi Denki had turned into a different person overnight. Even the warm smile she remembered was crooked.

Perhaps it was her punishment for her affair with Sakura.