Yoongi sniffled and cracked a small smile. "That certainly helps, thanks."

"Shut up, you haven't heard the rest," Mrs. Park laughed. "She was my best friend, and I couldn't imagine a life without her. I just wanted more," she said, "I was in love with everything about her, and I realized I had to tell her at some point."

Then she smiled. "So I did. We went to the library we first met in and were studying for a test we'd been stressing over for the last few weeks when I looked her in the eye and told her I loved her. And she said, 'You love me too?'"

"Wait, what?" Yoongi frowned. "I thought she turned you down because she didn't like you like that."

"She did," Mrs. Park said, "She loved me, and not in a platonic way, but there was one thing—one person in particular that kept us from being together. Wonnie fell in love with him without even knowing it, and when I asked her out, she realized that even though she'd had a crush on me for months, there was a certain guy that she'd pretended to hate that she had fallen in love with."

"Appa," Yoongi giggled.

"Yeah, that guy was relentless," Jimin's mother laughed. "Sungmin was a chaotic gay but he also managed to get all the ladies, minus Haewonnie— at first. She was smart and knew how to stay away, but in the end, he became the cliché fuckboy-turned-good and they ended up falling in love and dating for a long, long time. Eventually they got married, fucked, and had my three favorite children ever."

Yoongi was used to Mrs. Park's cursing. It was something unique about her, the way her mouth had no filter.

"Then of course, there's you and Jimin," she grinned. "You guys are okay too, I guess."

Yoongi snorted.

"My point is, he might love you back. You won't know until you ask him," Jimin's mother said.

"Thanks, Jiyeon auntie."

She smiled and ruffled Yoongi's hair. "Anytime, kiddo. Let's just sit here, you and I, and we'll watch some Netflix until Jiminie gets back. "

Yoongi snuggled into the blankets wrapped around him and nodded. "Okay." Then he mumbled, "I-I think I'll tell him soon, just-- I-I'm just scared that if Jiminie doesn't like me back, things will change and he'll act different around me."

"Sweetheart, it's Jimin, do you really think that he'd do that?"

Yoongi sighed. Jimin was the most understanding person he knew. He was his best friend. Things wouldn't change over a confession, right?

"Yeah, you're right. Jimin wouldn't do that," Yoongi said in a small voice, "but I'm still scared. I don't want to lose him."

"You won't, Yoongi," Mrs. Park said. "He needs you around just as much as you need him, he wouldn't throw you away like that. Haewon and I are as close as ever now, even though she picked Sungmin. It was painful, of course, but eventually time passed, I got over it, and fell in love with someone else."

Yoongi frowned. "Jimin's appa?"

Mrs. Park nodded. "He was my soulmate-- at least I thought so. I jumped too quickly into it, thought he was the one. We got married, had Jimin, and we were happy, but then. . . . things changed. He wasn't the same person he used to be, came home drunk, we fought all the time, and one day, he just. . . . left for work and never came back," she sighed. "Well, he did come back the next day, but I was at work and Jiminie was at daycare, and he packed up his belongings, leaving the house look like he'd never even lived there. Haewon used to tell me she didn't like Woohyun but I never listened to her, thinking that Woohyun was perfect. He obviously wasn't."

"Oh. Well, at least he isn't around anymore."

"Yeah," Mrs. Park mumbled. "I never once missed him when he left, thought that it was my fault for not realizing how stupid I was. I was stupid for not trusting Haewon, because nine times out of ten, she was right. I foolishly thought this was the one time she wasn't. Now Jimin doesn't even have a father."

"But he's still happy," Yoongi reminded her. "He has us, and that's enough for him."

Mrs. Park hummed. "Is it, though?"

"He would've told me if he was thinking about it, right?"

"He tells you everything, Yoongi."

"I know," he frowned, "but recently, I haven't been able to read him very well. I can't tell what he's thinking, and it always seems like he's hiding something from me, something big."

Jimin's mother raised an eyebrow. "Maybe the fact that he likes you but doesn't know how to tell you?"

Yoongi blushed. "It's not going to happen. I'm probably never going to tell him. He would've told me by now if he liked me, right?"

She shrugged. "Depends. Jimin can be such an idiot sometimes. I'm calling it though, I bet my kid has a crush on you."

Yoongi huffed. "Betting on your own son? Fine, I bet I'll be a lonely virgin forever and Jimin will be my trusty virgin sidekick. He's never going to like me back."

"You owe me brownies if I win," Mrs. Park grinned.

"And you owe me a hug and some tissues if you don't," Yoongi mumbled, cheeks tinted red, and the woman laughed.

"Deal."

<3

hello i'm kind of dEAD like i've gone from 17.4k last night to 20.2k and i'm just wOW

confused to say the least??

also, sorry for updating and unpublishing this chapter like 5 minutes ago, just forgot to write my author's note lmaoo

also please point out any typos, i didn't edit as extensively as i usually do because editing on my laptop is hard.

anywayyy, my question for today's chapter: what did you have for dinner last night? i had lucky charms aGAIN i need serious help ngl

also, my offer still stands, if y'all need to vent, talk to me, i'm here for you <3

thank you for reading and happy 20k! <3