12- Job Hunting

Aberforth's POV~

I wake up. It was now the weekend, so I can finally cuddle with my Andy as much as I'd like to. I get up and see everyone still asleep. I go over to the fridge and see what all I can find. I'm going to learn how to cook. What's the worse that could happen?

Vernon's POV~

I wake up normally as usual. I look down at Andy to see him still sleeping. I smile down at him and kiss his cheek. He's so adorable when he sleeps. I get up and stretch. Time to make Andy his breakfast. The next thing I know, I hear a high pitched sound. I cover my ears and see smoke coming from the kitchen. I look at all the others to see Aberforth missing. This can NOT be good. I ran into the kitchen to see a huge flame on the stove and Aberforth. It was a mess. Eggs on the floor, flour spilled on the table, the fridge open, it's a complete disaster! "ABERFORTH, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!?!" I said in fear. Aberforth looks at me with a confident smile and says "I'm making breakfast for Andy." I run over and turn off the stove. "YOU'RE GOING TO BURN THIS PLACE DOWN!!!" Aberforth then says "If that happens, I can make it rain and we can take Andy back home." I then say "We both know we can't do that. At least, not yet." Aberforth nods and I ask "Do you even know how to cook?" Aberforth rubs the back of his neck and says "I was hoping for beginners luck." I facepalmed and shook my head. "Okay, if you want to learn to cook, how about you actually learn the proper way." Aberforth nods. I sigh and say "Let's get this mess cleaned up. Before Andy and the others find out. I'll teach you to cook." He looks down at me with hope and asks "REALLY?!" I nod and he hugs me tightly. "Thank you so much!" I push against him and say "Yeah, whatever it takes to keep this place standing." After we cleaned up the mess he made, I started to make eggs and toast. The common stuff, just to teach Aberforth the basic stuff. He watched me cook with great focus. He really does want to be able to help Andy. Once we were done, Andy enters the kitchen and sees us with the eggs and toast. He sits down and sees the egg and toast and asks "Eggs and toast?" I nod and ask "There's nothing wrong with it, is there? I wanted to try something basic for today." He nods and says "It's fine. Don't worry." He eats his food and says "I have no idea what to do today." Soon Phoenix comes in and says "Didn't you say you were going to go job hunting today?" Andy gets up and says "Oh yeah! I forgot! I need to call Tyler!"

Andy's POV~

I pick up my phone to call Tyler. However, as soon as I try to put in his number, he calls me instead. I answer it to hear Tyler scream at me "SOMETHING HAPPENED LAST NIGHT!!!" I then say "Oh? What happened?" He then says to me "I'll tell you while job hunting." I reply with "Okay, pick me up soon." He agrees and leaves. I quickly get ready and wait till he comes. I look at all of the spirits to see them look upset. I sigh and said "All of you can come." They all perk up and hug me tightly. Soon, Tyler shows up and shows me something. Tyler then says "I found this necklace." I look at it and say "It looks really cool!" He nods and says "Want to know the weirdest part?" I nod and he says "I made the design. I made the design last night. I went to make some nachos and when I came back, the necklace was there!" I nod and say "Creepy." He then says "Do you think I have a spirit boyfriend now?!?!" I smile and say "It's a good possibility!" However, our Hope was soon ruined. Anvindr walks to the necklace and says "It's not." Tyler looks at him with a sad look and Anvindr continues. "It's not. There's no spiritual power in it. If it was, there'd be a strong spiritual power emanating from it. But there isn't." Tyler's eyes start to get tearful and he says "I-I understand." Anvindr hugs Tyler and says "I'm sorry." Tyler rubs his eyes and says "It's fine. I'm okay. I understand. It's rare." Anvindr nods and says "I think the most likely candidate is a stalker." The light is drained from Tyler's eyes and are replaced with fear. "S-Stalker?!" I then say "Tyler, let's stay on the safe side here. You should stay with me. The spirits can protect us." Tyler nods and says "I sure hope so." We soon leave with the spirits and head out to town. We walk around for a bit. We looked at the mail place. Tyler looks at me and I say "no." He nods and we look around more. He looks at the gas station and says "How about here? I'm sure lots of people come here." I shake my head and say "I don't think so." We walk around more and it's close to 7 P.M. We've looked everywhere and haven't found anything yet. We looked around some more and there was one last place. We walked toward the Twilight Café. It's a cafe run by Tyler's family. This is where he works part time. We all enter the café and start to look for the manager, which is Tyler's father. We managed to find him and he hugs Tyler in a quick hug. He looks at me and says "Hey! Andy! It's been awhile!" I shake his hand and say "Yeah, it has been." He then says "So, what do you need today? Hungry? Visiting?" I rub the back of my neck and chuckle saying "Actually, I need a job." He looks at me and says "You're finally taking up my offer?" I sigh and say "Yes. Plus, this place is quite pleasant." He laughs and says "That it is." I then tell him "I actually need a part time job." He nods and says "It's understandable. Especially for a college student." I nod and say "Well, I don't know what all I can do. And if you need to interview me, I understand." He laughs and says "There's no need. I know the way you are. You're a very hard worker, and polite person. Just the person we need." I nod and ask "So what am I doing, sir?" He thinks and says "I think we need another waiter." I nod and say "That works for me." He thinks and says "You're hired. I'll see you here on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday." I nod and ask "What time do I arrive?" He then says "From 11A.M. to closing." I nod and thank him. Tyler and I both leave and head home. We go to my bedroom and all the spirits cuddle with us. He looks down at his necklace and says "I wonder who made this. I just finished my design and it all of a sudden showed up." I think and say "I don't know. It must have been someone who's been watching you for awhile." Tyler nods and says "Yeah." He sighs and says "I really wish it was a spirit's jewel." I sigh and said "I know. I was really hopeful for you." Tyler just cuddles into Sirius and says "It's fine." I nod and we all soon went to sleep.