EXO : The Game Changer

As mentioned earlier, If there is one word that can describe EXO, it is:

 Resilient
/rɪˈzɪlɪənt/ (𝘈𝘥𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦)
-Able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
-Synonyms: Strong, Tough, Irrepressible

And you wouldn't dare to argue with that after you finish with this little series.

So, first of all we're going to start with their history (not their song lol). EXO's formation and debut.

Fun fact:  Did you know EXO was temporarily named M1 and was supposed to have 7 members only? It was revealed through a photo of a dance studio leaked online in 2011! Thank god they passed that one.

Just to keep things short I'm going to go over this once and for all: There managing company is SM Entertainment, better known as SMTOWN, a pink logo-ed, sinophobic music agency, which has received equal amounts of love and hate throughout their 24 year life. You can't help but admire them because they gave birth to amazing artists ( SNSD, SHINee... blah blah) but at the same time their insensitive treatment, lack of promotion of certain idols and other issues have earned them a considerable amount of antis as well.

But being an SM stan myself, I believe their best aspect (aside from blessing us with great music and huge fan service) is the immense amount of support they show for Idols when it comes to dating. I know some of you might disagree but they are at least better than other agencies. Trust me, you'd come across several artists who are forced to break up because of their respective agencies or instances where they would be against it (HyunA/ E'Dawn) but SM is usually pretty cool with it.

Well, enough about SM for today.

EXO: FORMATION

In Jan 2011, Lee Sooman (SM's founder) announced to debut a boy group in April/March 2011

In Jan 2011, Lee Sooman (SM's founder) announced to debut a boy group in April/March 2011. However, later in May 2011 while addressing a seminar at Stanford University, he explained his strategy to break the group in two sub groups, M1 and M2 (ew) and have them promote in South Korea and China. The debut was delayed to next year due to member changes and other planning.

12 Members and two sub units!

Okay, some of you may be smirking and huffing because 12 members does not seem a handful. We get it because having a lot of members is like a normal happening in K-Pop. Hello, SEVENTEEN! Hello, NCT! Hello, Wanna One!

Back then, not many groups had boasted this great  number of members except for Super Junior back in 2005--- a whopping seven years later EXO happened!