N I N E T E E N

if you don't have internet and can't see the picture above it's Emerson's P.O.V :)
—————————

Right.

Left.

Left.

Right.

Left Kick.

I continuously hit the punching bag until I force myself to stop.

By the time I pull away from the bag and sit down on the bench, breathing heavily, i've bled through the wrapping on my knuckles.

I sigh and gather my things before walking to the bathroom to clean off my hands.

As the warm water touches my now stinging hands, the dark crimson color comes off and goes down the drain.

I grimace and make sure to get it all off before walking out of the gym.

When I get in my car I don't make any move to start the engine I just sit for a moment and lay my head back onto the seat.

I've been coming to the gym every day since i've been here and fight whenever I get the chance.

Although lately i've been staying for longer hours in hopes of avoiding Navaeh.

My phone starts to ring making me flinch. I pull it out of my bag and answer it, putting it on speaker.

I start my car as the call connects. "Hola."

"Hello."

"Hi."

"Caleb, what do you want?"

"I'm bored."

"Okay?"

"Come over, dumb dumb."

"I'm not a dumb dumb." I quietly mutter as I make my way to my neighborhood.

"Okay but i'll have to run home and take a shower first."

"Okay see ya later, stinky!" He hangs up before I can reply making me scowl and send him a not so friendly text back.

I walk into the house and throw my gym bag onto the floor next to the door.

"Hello! Anybody home?" I yell, receiving no answer.

Paws scratching against the hardwood floor catch my attention just as the chocolate lab comes running up to me excitedly.

He sits down in front of me and sticks his tongue out tilting his head to the side.

I nod my head up once "Sup?"

He barks back making me slightly smile and pet him on the head before I jog up the stairs.

I step in the bathroom and examine myself in the mirror.

I even look like I stink.

••••••••

Caleb is quick to dodge the pillow I attempt to throw at his head when he makes fun of twilight.

"It may be cringey but it's still a good movie!" I argue.

"No way." He shakes his head.

The front door opens and ends our argument that I very clearly won.

Ace, Talia, and Navaeh all walk in making me tense up.

They all greet one another and sit down jumping into conversation.

I stare at Ace pretending to be invested in whatever's he's talking about but I don't even know what that is because all I can focus on is Navaeh's gaze burning into my head.

I quickly come up with a plan and act like I got a notification the stand up "My mom just texted me, I gotta get home. I'll see you guys later."

I make it out before I can catch a glimpse of there knowing faces.

I'm halfway to my car when I hear the front door slam which makes me turn around.

An angry looking Navaeh stands in front of me and I automatically know what's about to happen.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

I avoid eye contact and shrug coolly "I'm not."

This seems to fuel her anger even more "Don't pull that! Every time I walk into a room you leave. Whenever i'm included in things you make sure that your busy. You won't even look at me!"

"Navaeh I can't do this right now." I stare at the ground unable to force my eyes up to her face.

"No! Don't say that! Don't call me that! Give me answers." She pleads making her voice crack.

"You want answers!? I can't even look at you because i'm so damn scared that i'm going to do something stupid! And I'm terrified that i'm going to screw things up between us and I don't know if i can handle that."

I turn and start to walk to my car once again as a way of trying to end the conversation before I abruptly stop.

"Fuck it." I whisper and turn around walking straight to the confused, tear faced Navaeh.

I place my hands on both side of her face and kiss her with so much intensity and passion it feels like time stops.

In this moment it's just us. The previous fight long forgotten.

When we pull away panting we just stare into each others eyes for a moment before she starts laughing.

We laugh and in this very moment everything is okay.

"What is wrong with us?"

I wipe the tears off of her cheeks with my thumbs "A lot."

again, i don't know anything about boxing so i'm not sure if the beginning makes sense

I tried.