O N E

If you don't have internet and can't see the picture above it's in Navaeh's P.O.V :)
————————————

Standing in the parking lot of school with my strange group of friends, I can't help but feel content.

None of us have anything in common with the other but nevertheless we're still close.

Sam is especially smiley lately since his best friend from Florida is moving here next week.

Talia is in the middle of telling Caleb why he's an idiot when a car pulling up right next to us attracts our attention.

Sam whispers more to himself than the rest of us, "No way."

The door opens and two black converse pop out from the bottom of the driver side door. A girl I recognize from pictures hops all the way out of the car with one of the brightest smiles I've ever seen.

And that's saying something considering I know Ace

I look at the differences from seeing her in person and on a screen.

You can tell she works out or does some sort of athletic activity from the way she is built.

She is one of the most gorgeous girls I have ever seen no doubt about it.

Her high waisted denim jeans, black high top converse, crop top, and flannel instantly catch my eye from her taste in clothing.

Sam instantly rushes over and picks her up hugging her so tight I thought her head was going to pop off.

Fortunately it doesn't and she just chuckles hugging him back.

"Samuel I love you, and this is a great moment and all but I need oxygen to live." She chokes out patting his back.

He sits her down and she bends over with her hands on her knees fake panting.

He rolls his eyes at her dramatic actions.

Sam turns around as if he just remembered we were here.

"Oh uh, guys this is Emerson." He announces awkwardly.

"And Emerson this is Caleb, Ace, Talia, and Navaeh." He points to us as he says our names.

Ace being Ace grins and wraps her in one of his famous bear hugs. Her eyebrows raise and she wears an amused look hugging him back.

Caleb smirks and steps up when Ace releases his grip on Emerson.

"My lips are like skittles, wanna taste the rainbow?"
Ace sighs and facepalms.

She smiles "First of all, wow that was bad," Caleb's face drops making me and the rest of the group laugh.

"And secondly, your cute and all but I swing the other way." I didn't think it was possible but Caleb's face drops more and our laughs get louder.

This time it's talia's turn to greet Emerson "I think I like you so far." She shrugs.

Her eyebrows furrow but the smile stays on her face as she nods "Thank you?"

She turns to me and my heart stops the moment we make eye contact for the first time.

Without thinking I put my fist up. She looks down at it and smiles at my weird attempt at greeting her.

She puts her fist up as well and makes the awkward fist bump look normal.

I'm not sure how, but she does.

Sams brows furrow and he turns to the girl that is still holding eye contact with me.

"What are you doing here?"

She looks at him "It's good to see you too."

He rolls his eyes "I mean why are you here so early? You said you would be here next week."

She grins making the stars envious of her shine. "I lied. We moved into the new house two days ago."

She turns not waiting for his reaction and walks in the direction of the school. "Come on loser, you have to show me where the office is in this hell hole." She shouts not stoping to see if we follow, which we do.

"Yep I definitely like her." Tali's comments.

"Me too." The boys say in unison.

And as we follow Emerson into the school I can't help but think to myself that I do too.

First chapter!

I would love your feedback.

So let me know what I should do to improve and I'll use that when I edit the book.

Just don't be mean about it because 1. I'm sensitive and 2. There is no point.