S E V E N T E E N

If you don't have internet and can't see the picture above it's in Navaeh's P.O.V :)
——————————

Walking up to the school doors I had expected it to be any other boring day.

Boy was I wrong.

As soon as I get inside, the hallway clears in the middle and the students stand off to the side each holding a rose.

I confusedly glance around until one student walks up and hands me the crimson rose.

Then another, and another, and another, until i'm standing in confusion with a bouquet of the red flowers.

Then when the person behind it all walks out with a sign and a hopeful look I freeze.

"Navaeh, will you go on a date with me?" I stand frozen.

I'm in utter shock and being under the intense gaze of teenagers the words spill out of my mouth before I can stop them and I immediately regret it.

"Uh, y- yes?"

He drops the sign and runs up to me giving me a bear hug with a big grin.

Marcus linedi just asked me out. And I agreed.

Isn't this a bit much just to ask someone on one date?

The hall of participants claps and cheers until they move on with their lives, clearly not having as much interest as they did a few seconds ago.

The worst part of it all is I hate roses.

•••••••

When I sit down at our usual table at lunch time i'm exhausted. I've been getting questions and congratulations from all kinds of people all day.

Marcus is what you would call "golden boy". Popular, wealthy, quarterback, the list goes on.

Him taking an interest in me surprised the whole school considering i'm, well me.

I sit down between Emerson and Ace with a sigh.

"Hey there miss popular." Talia is the first to greet me.

I shyly smile, not really having anything to say back.

"I can't believe he asked you out." Caleb shakes his head while shoving multiple greasy fries in his mouth.

"I can't believe you agreed." Ace adds with raised brows.

Emerson clears her throat and stands up "I have to talk to Mr. Buff before class so I better get going."

She walks off before anybody can say anything else.

I watch her figure disappear into the cafeteria doors with furrowed brows before turning to my friends seeing them all share a knowing look.

"What?" They turn to me and shake there heads before changing the subject.

Okay then?

The rest of the lunch period my mind is filled with ways to get out of this mess.

I mean it's not like Marcus is a bad person or anything i'm just not into him.

Yes I may be bisexual but I still have an undeniable crush on Emerson...

But is that a reason to give up on everybody else that shows an interest in me?

Of course that "everybody" is only one person, but he still asked me out and it's not like Emerson would ever like me back.

Maybe i'll give him a chance.

•••••••

I close my locker and come to find Marcus standing behind it making me jump.

I can't help but think back to a few months ago when Emerson did the same thing.

What? Stop it.

"Hi."

He flashes his pearly white teeth "Hey Navaeh!" He says much too enthusiastically.

He's pretty peppy and always has a grin but it's nothing like Emerson's.

When Emerson grins it can light up a whole stadium it's so bright. She has that one crooked tooth towards the left making her teeth not perfectly straight but beautifully flawed much like her. Then that dimple on her left cheek becomes visible and you have to refrain from reaching out and touching it.

"I just wanted to see if you were free Friday night?"

His words snap me out of my thoughts and I think over my schedule also coming to find that i'm a loser and all I do is read and sleep.

Wow.

I nod "Friday's great."

"Okay see you then." He smiles and kisses my cheek before walking off.

I lean against my locker a sigh.

He was standing right in front of me and all I could think about was her.

Yea, i'm screwed.

Thoughts on this chapter?