Pain and Pleasure

A/N: Warning, this chapter is darker than others and may not be suitable for younger readers. If you know that you are a sensitive reader than DO NOT READ IT, message me and I will fill you in on anything that you need to know for plot progression. Please vote if you are enjoying The Werrewolf Keeper!! Thank you -moonkeeper-  

Nineteen years ago

It was a cold autumn evening. The woods were full of teenagers - hanging in clusters around bonfires with clouds around their heads. The back to school party was in full swing and the ground was littered with empty cans and discarded bottles. The ages ranged from the taller and more attractive fifteen year olds, who daringly fooled their parents, to the intimidating sixthformers.  

Russell walked through the throng, his lips curled up in a small smile that was predatory enough to prevent anyone from approaching him. This man gave off an aura of danger. . He was a head taller than practically anyone else and his open shirt revealed a smooth, sculpted ebony torso.   He made a direct path to two girls and their reception was varied. The small blonde gave him an immediate and obvious smile. The taller one barely noticed him - she looked peeved or was it hurt? Regardless her mind was otherwise occupied.

"Can I interest either of you ladies in a smoke?"  He flashed them his stunning smile, his eyes sparkled  and the whites seemed to glow in the dark.

"Thanks" was the blonde's immediate answer. "What's your name?"

Her entire posture was angled in the interest of being alluring. Russell noticed this with a degree of distaste. Such antics were revolting to him. He kept up his facade flawlessly however.

"Russell."

"My name's Lizzie." Russell turned his gaze pointedly to her friend. "This is Charity." A sour edge came through as she said this and Russell noticed this, perhaps friend had been too quick an assumption. After an awkward pause Lizzie gave her friend a nudge. Charity came back into the moment.

"Sorry." She shook her head as if to clear it. "Excuse me I need more drink." Lizzie was delighted with this suggestion as it would leave her alone with the gorgeous stranger. Russell was far from delighted. He watched her go. Strange, he thought to himself, she walked and stumbled just as if she were truly human. Once she was gone he returned his attention back on a clueless Lizzie.

"Is she a friend of yours?"

"Yes since we were little." Russell quickly evaluated the situation in his head. He was in for a long game here. Certain things had to happen and at certain times, he would have to be in complete control by then, the question was how to become the puppet master? A rough plan quickly formed in his mind. He grinned.

"Tell me about yourself Lizzie?"

Charity tightly gripped the neck of her beer - unsure how many she'd already had. She was leaning heavily against a tree, her gaze intent upon a couple laughing together by the bonfire. She sniffed. Lizzie was right - why should she be upset? Obviously the entire thing was nothing to her. She was happy for them. The entwined names of Daniel and Hope were a good thing. So what if they fell in love. So what if they got married had house and babies. Hot tears, dyed black from her mascara, spilled down her face. It clearly meant nothing to her.

**

Isabelle was trying to be sly. She was fifteen and technically not allowed to this party. Her and her friends had formulated a plan. Each girl's parent thought they were sleeping round another's house that night. But unfortunately Isabelle had failed to factor in her brother. Dodging behind tree's was severely hampering her enjoyment.