Chapter 44: Literature Test

Start from the beginning

He dismissed the practice before he left since they didn't have enough players now. Some, really worked up for the tournament next week, began practicing by themselves or in smaller groups, while others happily skipped away to who knows where. Lee Hong-bin ran up to them and stood beside Hoseok. "Momo-yah, are you okay?" he asked, bending down to check her arms.

"I-it stings," she managed to mumble as more tears threatened to fall down her eyes. It really did, it stung like hell. Looked like that guy kicks pretty hard. She wanted to cry out but, but. . . Wait. She wasn't a weakling! It was just a small sting. It's not like she broke her arms. She. Was. Not. A. Weak. Girl! "N-no, actually I'm fine," she said. Giving one last rub to her arms, she stood up and nodded. "Yup, I'm good."

"No, you're not. Hoseok, take her back to her dorm and put some ice on it. It should heal soon." He slid down a finger on her skin and looked closely. "Yeah, it's not that bad. How 'bout you take her while I go get the ice pack from the nurse's office?"

Hoseok smiled and fist bumped him. "Thanks, bro."

"No probs!" Hong-bin playfully slapped his back and winked. "Don't let your girlfriend do the protecting, dude. And keep your eyes open. If she didn't see the ball first, you would've had a broken nose and a busted lip right now. A pretty ugly sight, if you ask me."

"I bet he's still gonna like a hot snack... but a little bloody. It's fine though, I still don't mind kissing him," Momo giggled, feeling proud of herself. She pulled along her boyfriend as he glared at his friend, a small smile tugging at his lips.

Being taller than Hoseok by an inch or two, Hong-bin patted each of them on the head before returning the smile and taking off towards the college building. "You guys are so cute together!" he yelled, without looking back as he ran.

Momo snorted loudly that Hoseok almost mistook her for a real pig. She quickly covered her mouth. "That wasn't me!"

"Oh, I'm sure it wasn't you." He rolled his eyes and crouched down on the ground.

"Uh, what are you doing?" she asked, but then suddenly smacked his back. "THOSE ARE YOUR NEW JEANS, JUNG HOSEOK! YOU'RE GONNA GET THEM RUINED! AND WHY IN THE WORLD ARE YOU WEARING THEM TODAY?!"

He winced and covered his ears. "Quit yelling, wifey," he said. "Get on my back. I'm not gonna let you walk all the way back to your dorm."

"Dude, my legs still work, you know." She flicked his forehead and began walking away from him, her hands behind her. "And, my arms are fine, too. I bet I can do a handstand and walk like that."

He was quick to grab her by the waist and pull her back to him. "But you can't." He picked her up in bridal style and ran towards the dorm building at full speed.

"Let me down, Hobi! What are you doing? People are looking!"

"Let them. Atleast now they're gonna know you're mine. Mine only."

"Where did that come from?"

"Didn't you see those guys checking you out?" He stopped at the stairs and let her down, shaking his head at her. "Don't you dare look so cute when you cry! Actually, cover your face with a scarf when you go out! I don't want to see any other boy even as much as look at you! And don't you dare wear makeup ever again! You're still gonna look pretty without it, or else I'm locking you in my room forever."

Momo grinned and leaned in to kiss him. He kissed back, pulling her into his arms. "I wouldn't mind that, though" she said, messing with his hair. "Lock me in whenever you want. Wait! Do it now!"

Hoseok smirked and kissed her forehead. "What? You wanna make out? I can send my hyungs away for the night."

She gasped and punched his chest. "No, you dirty head! I meant that no one's gonna know where I am and I get to miss the literature test! Gosh, I'm smart!"