The meaning of christmas

The gang sat around for a bit longer, playing with some of the stuff they got. Steve seemed extremely happy with the paint set Tony bought him, as he was sitting off to the side and painting Bucky's arm to be Christmas themed.

"Hey guys, there's a toy drive down at Central Park, what if we went and got some toys for the kids?" Tony suggested. Everyone seemed to perk up, the group scrambling to get ready as Tony could hear Steve desperately try and explain to Loki while Christmas was a great holiday. Tony tugged his Stark Industries sweatshirt over his head, sliding his hands in the pockets. "Are we ready?"

"I think so. Hey, mr patriotic should walk in the back so we don't have to listen to him ranting to Loki." Natasha teased, Steve glaring at her.

"Is that a new nickname?"

"You bet your American ass it is." Tony pat him on the chest and grabbed his wallet, heading to the elevator, the others following. They stepped out into the cold, small snowflakes landing on them as they walked down the busy sidewalk. They stopped in a toy store, Tony buying what was left in the small store.

"You really go all out for charity Huh?" Bucky questioned.

"Its just that, I have all this money, I live in this massive tower, and there are kids, who can't even eat 3 meals a day. I just want to help them out." He shrugged lightly, the 15 of them struggling to carry all the toys to Central Park. It was snowing heavily when they arrived and had dumped the toys in the huge bucket. "So, homeward bound?" His question was answered by a snowball hitting his chest. "Oh. It's on." He scooped up snow, throwing a snowball at Steve, who yelped and hid behind Bucky. Bucky didn't seem to notice, he was too busy hurling snow at Sam. Tony ducked as Stephen threw a ball at him, winding up and throwing one back. Someone slammed into him and sent them both into the snow, Tony grunting and looking over at Clint.

"Sorry, Natasha literally threw me." He got up, charging at Nat and tackling her. Tony laughed at the large group messing around, scooping up another ball to throw at his boyfriend. He was mid throw when snow splattered on the back of his head. He whirled around, seeing Loki standing behind him with a smirk.

"Oh so that's how it's gonna be? Guess you finally have the Christmas spirit." He teased, balling up some snow and throwing it at the god. He attempted to fight off both Stephen and Loki at the same time, ending up in a bank of snow with the two laughing at him. The group came back to the small stage set up in the park as little kids started to come to the bin and get toys. Tony smiled at them, his heart happy that these little kids would actually get Christmas presents this year.

"So- this is the meaning of Christmas?" Loki asked him.

"Yes." He replied with a smile, the gang walking from the park silently. "So, now what do we do?"

"Well, I say we work on our play." Steve shrugged.

"Well, at least it's fun work." Carol shrugged lightly. Tony nodded, the cult heading back to the tower.

Everyone was laying around, Wanda and Pietro designing costumes while Tony attempted to build Rhodey and Sams suits. He watched Wanda measuring Natasha for her suit, while he connected another wire together. "Hey star spangled banner, hows the suit?" Tony asked, hissing as he burnt his hand.

"It's actually going ok. How's burning yourself?" Steve teased

"Tony! Be careful!"

"Protective boyfriend much?" Bucky teased.

"Bucky, you can't even talk about protective boyfriends." Tony chuckled, sucking on his finger for a moment before going back to his work. The avengers fell into comfortable silence, Tony humming softly as his boyfriend came up and hugged him from behind, resting his head on his shoulder as he watched him work. Most of the suits got done that day, everyone was super excited.

"Nat you look- really good in that suit." Carol hummed, watching Natasha blush as she looked over carols body.

"Not too bad yourself captain."

"Heyyy I'm captain too!"

"Steve- ever heard of not ruining the moment?" Tony glared at him. "Sam, your flight pack is done, I hope it fits."

"Alright, now that 90% of the costumes are done, let's discuss plot." Rhodey sat down, looking at the group.

"Before we start, can I just say Steve, your ass looks great in that." Bucky grinned as Steve got flustered and looked away, Tony snickering lightly.

"Ok, I was thinking that we could have some sort of evil organization." Tony stated.

"But we don't have students to be those evil people." Bruce pointed out calmly.

"So one of us has to be the evil one." Tony assumes, Bruce nodding.

"Well since Loki's well, Loki, why not him." Sam threw Loki under the bus.

"That could be fun." Loki grinned.

"So where's this taking place?"

"New York, obviously."

"Ok. Loki, I say you should be trying to take over Midgard." Tony suggested.

"Sounds fun."

"I was thinking that this could be a alternate earth, where we know that aliens are real and where a group of enhanced persons come together to fight the battle that everyone else cannot." Natasha spoke.

"I really like that actually. So Loki is trying to take over Midgard with a army of aliens, and we fight him?" Tony made sure he had this right, writing on a slip of paper.

"Sounds good." Steve smiled. "Loki, ready to be evil?"

"Oh I was born ready." Loki slipped a knife out of seemingly nowhere.

"You think your special?" Tony watched as Natasha did the same thing, the two continued to have a knife off.

"Ok, guys, back on task?" Tony interrupted them, scared blood was going to be spilt soon.

"Yeah yeah sure."