1|Starks

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗
"You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you"-Leon Trotsky

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗"You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you"-Leon Trotsky

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

The shiny glimmering light from the rising sun reflected onto the steel blade of the sword. Glistening in my eyes as it struck towards me, the point end nearly grazing over the tip of my nose. My stomach dropped as I swallowed back, my eyes staring down at the keen weapon in front of me, merely centimeters from scrapping my skin off.

"You hesitated."

My eyes slowly lifted from the blade and to the dour eyes of Erebus Bane. Dark eyes locked on me, lips in a straight unwavering line, and eyebrows lowered toward his eyelids. The usual austere countenance of Erebus. He withdrew his sword with a revolving swing to his side and to his back where he rested his hands, firmly locked behind his back.

"Well, my eyes can't see the immense quickened movements of your sword." I said as I loosened the grip of the sword in my hand.

"No one detects an arrow flying at high speed but you can." He remarked. I suppose he has a point. "Again."

I sighed, my hand gripping back onto the handle of the sword. I lifted it up in front of me, in eye view and pointing outwards towards him. Using my strength to keep it steady but it wobbled in my view.

"Steady."

"My arms are tired and it's a heavy sword." I said in defense.

"Excuses will get you killed." He said, now holding his sword out.

"No, a stab to the heart or a disease will." I retorted. Erebus's eyes darkened and I feared it slightly.

"Your mouth will get you in trouble." He said, starting to circle. I mimicked his movements, the both us slowly walking in a circle.

I kept my mouth shut knowing Erebus was right about one thing. I kept my eyes on him, his on me. Silence surrounding us and the sun shined down at us.

He moved forward swinging his sword and I mimicked his movements. Our swords collided in the center, the sound of steel clashing echoed in my ears. He was much more powerful, had strength I did not. His strength overpowered mine and resulted in him forcing my sword down. His sword clashed down at mine sending it to the ground and as I lifted it back up, he undermined it and sent it flying away from us. It landed on the grass a few feet from us, his sword pointing at me.

"Dead." He said

I exhaled deeply from my nose, feeling annoyed by my multiple failures. I moved towards my sword to pick it up.