|Before|

Silent rain began roiling down onto the never-ending woods

Silent rain began roiling down onto the never-ending woods. Another blanket of snow formed over the old one as the rain turned into flurries, dancing as the small winds commanded them to. Tall trees and bushes were stained white, everything green was now covered by a comforter of snow. Birds did not sing, bears did not wander, the woods stood still.

Winter was among them.

The vastness of the woods was unbothered until an intruder stumbled in. Fresh smooth sheets of snow were disturbed by the heaviness of footprints. The silence was broken by the rough breathing of a woman and angry shouts behind her.

The woman moved quickly through the woods, her black cloak flying behind her. The hotness of her breaths created small white clouds into the frigid air. Her heart raced against her chest with great extent, her eyes searched the vastness ahead seeking a place to hide.

Her arms clutched against her chest as she held onto something with such value to her. She stumbled but did not fall, her legs kept moving. The adrenaline in her kept her running, it coursed through her veins. She had an endeavor to escape, to not fail and be captured by the evil fleet behind her.

Far in the east of the woods, she could see it. Her escape, the way to her sanctuary. Below the hill and across the river, safety would be among them. The corner of her lips curved upward in solace and her emerald green eyes lit up with hope.

Her glowing elatedness ceased when a sharp pain emitted from her lower back, a strong wave of pain rushed through her body.

She had been hit, shot by an arrow but she persisted. Through the pain and tears in her eyes, she forced herself to continue. She had to.

Her legs became weak and her pace slowed, she could feel it. The adrenaline weakening and legs giving out as she felt blood seep through her clothes.

She fell to her knees, crying a no. She forced herself up but to only end up on the ground. With one hand, she dragged herself behind a large boulder near a bundle of trees. Her other hand continued to support her chest.

Her fingers shakingly reached to her back, grasping the arrow and pulling it out. She yelped in pain but bit her lip to keep quiet. She knew she couldn't continue moving when she felt her lower body go numb. When she felt a burning sensation rise up in her veins.

She pulled out a dagger from beneath her cloak when a dark figure revealed themself to her from behind the trees. She was ready to defend and still kill, she would at all cost.

The dark figure pulled down his hood and she dropped the dagger, smiling slightly. She never thought she'd see his porcelain face again, his ever-so-brown chocolate eyes and long raven hair. She thought he was dead.

"Aurelia." Her name rolled off of his tongue so softly in deepest concern.

He knew she wasn't alright, her skin was pale and lips tinted purple. Her limbs shook as if she were lying in snow for hours. He fell onto his knees and reached his hands out to her.

His eyes landed on Aurelia's chest as he saw something squirm from beneath the cloak. Aurelia slowly and groggily withdrew the cloak and revealed a new-born babe.

His eyes grew wide at the sight, a babe covered in a white blanket. Aurelia shushed her child softly and kissed the top of the child's head softly, tears streaming down Aurelia's cheeks.

"You must take her." Aurelia said, her voice soft as her bottom lipped quivered. "They'll kill her."

She slowly lifted her babevfrom her warm chest and handed her into his arms. He caught the girl when Aurelia's arms gave out. He glanced down at the babe in his arm's, her big brown eyes looking at him.

"Go." Aurelia whispered, swallowing hard.

"I'm not leaving without you." He said sternly, his eyes tearing.

Aurelia chuckled lightly as she gripped onto the bow that struck her. "Nightshade."

No one has ever been cured by such a toxin before, she knew it, he knew it. She were going to die.

"Take her. Promise me you'll keep her safe? Promise me." Aurelia said in a low audible voice as she held back tears.

He couldn't shed tears in front of her, he held back his godforsaken tears for her. He had to he strong for her even though he knew he were going to lose her. He nodded "I promise."

Aurelia smiled lightly "Now go." She said as loud as she could.

Sounds of men shouting and the hooves of horses trotting neared. They would be at bay soon.

He stood up, holding onto the babe in his arms tightly and he ran into the darkness of the woods. Leaving behind the love of his life as she watched them disappear into the darkness.

Red seeped through the cloak and into the snow, staining it with death. The life left her eyes as she watched her daughter slip away in haven, her tears melting in the snow.

Deep in the woods, the cold unsettled the child. She began to cry. The man in black halted and tried to silence the child.

"Silence." He hushed as he studied the child's face. Tears streaming down her rosy cheeks and cries escaping her mouth, she wanted her mother. Her mother who she would never see again, never come to know.

His eyes trailed down to the white blanket where embodied into it, it read 'Eila'. He sighed and looked at the child "I'll keep you safe, Eila. I promise."

A/N
Here's just a little back story to Eila before we get into the present. Thanks for reading!