10| Gloomy Skies

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗
Caught between a strong mind,
and a fragile heart
╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

While the men of the cottage rode off early this morning, I went over to Arlo's cottage.

I nodded and watched her hand stitch with such ease and with no complications. The cottage warm from the fireplace and aroma of cranberry loaf baking in the oven; the air was sweet and in serene silence until thunder roared outside.

"How's Bran?" Arlo asked, eyes concentrated at her hand stitch.

The air was not so sweet and serene anymore. "I don't know." I muttered.

"What do you mean? You absolutely adore that boy." She asked, pausing her sewing in a heartbeat.

"I haven't seen him since I found him. I've only heard from Cyran about how he remains unconscious in his bed." I found my heart heavy once more thinking about it.

Arlo's hand reached for mine, gently covering mine "You must visit him. His eyes are closed but he can still feel your presence. He needs all the love he can get if he's to wake up."

I only hoped Arlo said those words to me earlier, she always spoke the most inspiring and honest words. She were the most inspiring and most honest.

"Come with me?" I asked

"I can't. I must work." She said, directing her eyes from me. She were most honest which is why she were never good at lying.

I slowly entered to damp ground of Winterfell, the air musky from the burning of logs. The smoke mixed in with the darkness of the sky. The feeling was different, it was quieter and it felt smaller. My eyes fell into a direction my name was called in. Catelyn Stark exited the castle with high alarmed eyes, wild like the boars in the woods.

Her eyes left mine and turned to her son and the ward of the North as the walked through our path. Her eyes were still alarmed and filled with out most concern. "Robb, Theon. In the quarters now." She demanded.

Robb and Theon looked at one another taking note of her tone. Catelyn's eyes returned to me "Eila get your uncles and come to the quarter immediately, do you understand?"

I was concerned but I nodded and she waved me off.

I retrieved Erebus and Cyran and returned to Winterfell with them both by my side. They questioned me but I had no answers. We entered the room to see a wave of relief run over catelyn's face.

"Shut the door." She commanded, she was quick and cautious.

"My lady..." Cyran began before she cut him off.

"Now's not the time. I found a strand of blond hair in the tower. I feel that the Lannisters are up to no good, they're conspiring against us." Catelyn explained, some of us in this room looked at her as if she were mad. She spiraled uncontrollably with passion in her words.

"Mother, how are you sure?" Robb inquired.

"Someone pushed Bran off that tower." She said

My head shot up as my eyes widened, I was not the only one with such a thought.

"Eila." Cyran said

"What is it, dear?" Catelyn asked as she stepped towards me.

All eyes landed on me, I swallowed hard before speaking. "I have watched Bran climb every inch of this castle and not once have I seen him fall not even the slightest slip. He couldn't have fallen off a tower he has climbed before. I've seen him, many many times."