4|In the Wind

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗
"She had magic in her eyes
even stars envied"

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗"She had magic in her eyes even stars envied"

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

Last nights actions were still fresh in my brain as if the events occurred no less than thirty minutes ago. My mind kept wandering and reliving the moment, keeping me awake while the moon was glimmering. The fiery the burned inside of me, the tight grip on the blade, and urge to want put that man in his spot was all there.

Did I really almost slice a weak man's throat open?

Impetuous nature, Robb's words came into mind.

"I am not impetuous." I huffed as I pulled out an arrow from my quiver.

I placed the arrow end between the string and pulled both back with my fingers, lifting and aiming.My eyes locked onto the target as I took in steady breaths and with an exhalation I released the arrow. It soared through the air, spinning and striking into the trunk, a mere inches away from bullseye. That minor miss made my veins rush with anger.

I retracted another arrow and lined it with my bow string, pulling back and aiming. My thumb grazed over my lip as I focused and inhaled slowly. As I exhaled and released the arrow, an intruder interrupted.

"Don't miss."

My aim went up to the sky just as the arrow flew, stabbing through a raven and it fell to its death with a squawk.

I turned around just as Uncle Cyran walked into my archery range. His hands behind his back and a smirk on his face. His black hair was pulled back into a low bun, not a single stray in sight. His blue eyes were as blue as ever and skin pale as the sheets.

"Or so, you did not miss." He said as he approached the dead raven lying on the ground.

"If you're referring to the unintentional target then no I did not." I stated with a hint of fire.

Cyran's eyes landed on me, he quirked an eyebrow "Did Erebus slip some of his angry tea this morning?"

I faked laugh with a flat expression. "Erebus was not even in his room this morning as usual." I said as I approached the target on the tree.

I pulled out the arrow as Cyran took the one from the raven . "Of course not. Perhaps he were at the tavern last night and lost track of time."

The tavern. The idiot giant. The anger. Robb. Ugh.

"Perhaps you saw him there?" Cyran added.

My eyes slowly diverted to him finding his blue eyes already fixed on me. A small smirk at his lips as he studied my face, his hands behind his back as he walked in front of me.