𝙨𝙚𝙤𝙠𝙟𝙞𝙣 : 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚

Seokjin 석진
goodbye my love

Seokjin and y/n's love story was one of the most beautiful ever.
the type of story that would make Shakespeare blush, and raise Romeo and Juliet's jealousy.

all this to say that they were couple goals.

they wanted to start a family, go around the world, they even wanted to write a book together.
they wanted to die together.

but it never happened.
it never happened because you lost your fight against cancer.

when you two heard about your disease, everything seemed vapid to Seokjin's eyes.
it was as if he died the moment the doctor told you the news.

but you didn't want things to be that way.
so you cheered him up.

"it's going to be fine ! we'll fight it, together, you'll see !" you told him.
and he believed your words.

you tried the chemotherapy, but somehow, it failed. it didn't have any effects on you.

it didn't make you feel better, so you just accepted your fate.
it was obviously harder for Seokjin than for you, so you two made sure to spend every day together.

always keeping yourselves occupied, so you could forget about what was killing you.
you didn't want your disease to destroy everything in your life so you didn't change your habits.

Seokjin made sure you were happy. he even proposed to you, and since you were scared it'd be too late, the wedding happened quite soon.

it wasn't the most organize one, but it was a beautiful wedding, full of love. gladly, all your relatives could make it.

the whole day it looked like you were just a normal couple getting married. no cancer, no sadness, no fear of dying.

but the sickness was taking more and more place, and at some point you could barely get out of your room.

your state made Seokjin worried. he knew he'll lose you soon, and he couldn't bear this idea.

you were his best friend, his lover, his wife, his whole world.
he loved you more than everything, he loved you with his whole heart.

you two didn't need to tell each other "I love you", because these three words never seemed to be enough to express your love for each other, and you knew it.

days were passing by and you felt weaker and weaker every single minute.
so you asked him to already write the speech he'd pronounce at your funeral.

of course, he didn't want to at first, but he couldn't refuse you anything, not when you were in your terminal phase.
that day, you felt weaker than ever.

you knew that you wouldn't survive until the end of the week, so you told Seokjin that you wanted to go to the place you two had your first date.
and of course, you told him to take his speech with him.

he didn't ask any questions and just did as you said.
never letting you walk, not wanting you to squander your strength, he carried you all the way to the park where you had a picnic for your first date.

he put you on the grass, letting you lean against the tree, before also sitting by your side as you let your head fall on his shoulder.

"I want you to read me your speech." you told him, with your soft and weak voice, making his heart clench.

"what ? why ? and why here ?"

"because this is where everything started. I want to know how things will end."

he only nodded and got the folded paper out of his pocket.
he waited for your signal so you only nodded your head once.

"okay so." he cleared his throat before starting.

"here we are, y/n left. our lovely y/n left us and there are many things for which she will be remembered, but what we will never forget is her sense of humor. she laughed at all my jokes, and I lived for her laugh. she was-"

he stopped so you looked up at him.

"no. this is crap. this is unworthy. I don't need this." he said as he crumpled the paper.

"y/n was the type of girl that would savor her food, she never just ate it. she lived her every second as if it was her last. she had this lust for life that amazed me every time. she was incredible." he sighed.

you held his hand. "baby.. it's okay you don't have to.." he gently put his finger in front of his lips, signaling you to keep quiet.

"the day before we learned about her cancer, we had a fight, and I told her horrible things I never meant. and the second the doctor announced the news, I couldn't stop thinking it was karma. life punished me for saying those mean words to my beloved girlfriend." you heard him quietly sob so you tightened your grip on his hand.

"I loved her, and I always will. I love the way she smiled, the way she laughed, the way her eyes sparkled anytime she was doing what she liked, or when she was with people she loved. we never needed to tell each other 'I love you' because we already knew. a glance was enough."

he paused and looked at you.

"I'm disgusted by myself for using the past when talking about her. she'll forever be alive, in my memories, in my heart. since my love for her will never die, she won't either." he sighed again. "there's something about her that always made it hard to say 'goodbye' and it'll forever break me to say this, but, goodbye my love."

and you two stayed there for a few hours, and in the end of the day, your breathing was getting more and more unsteady, and you started coughing.

Seokjin, who was panicking, wanted to bring you to the nearest hospital as quick as possible, but you stopped him.

"please.. let's just stay here."

that night, you died in his arms, your last words to each other being "forever".