XX

There's nothing interesting to watch on television, and the WiFi was acting up, so I'm unable to watch anything on Netflix. I decide to take a tour and familiarize myself with everywhere in the manor.

I start from the kitchen, to the pantry and to the veranda. The pantry was over stocked that I feared that things would expire if not used soon. I had taken two packs of Hershey's dark chocolate from the pantry and I was glad I went there. I stand in front of Luke's study and wonder for a good minute if I'd be doing the right thing by entering without his permission. I was his wife, after all.

I go in, properly scanning the place for the first time. The room is warm, as the fire place is lit. The mahogany chairs were shiny, properly cleaned. My eyes fall on the full jug of water. Luke's pictures were hung in different directions of the room and I smile to myself as I appreciate my husbands facial features. Indeed, a Greek god, my subconscious remarks.

There are a lot of files on the table, but what catches my attention is the shelf of awards besides the fire place. I move closer and take a count. Twenty one awards in total. I was impressed. Luke was beyond successful and it made me sad he had no one to share all his happiness with for so long.

I move, caressing each award, a smile on my face. After scanning each award, I sit on his chair and look round the room. There's a picture of Jesus on the table and I pick it to have a closer look but my hand hits the jug and the water pours all over the table.

"Bloody hell," I mutter, worried of what Luke would think. I quickly place the jug properly and try to pack the documents affected by the water. I drop them on the dry side of the table but the contents of a particular document falls on the floor. I take tissue from the tissue box in front of me and clean the water.

I bend to pick the documents but my phone rings. It is Luke.

Luke: My love, how is your day going?

I giggle, "Very well, Luke. How's work? Have you had lunch?"

Luke: Well, I will, Caleb is taking me out for a business proposal meeting and for lunch too. I'm on my way to the car.

I begin to feel hot and sweaty as I sit on the chair, my hand on my forehead. "I see. My love, do you really trust this man, Caleb Dunes?"

Luke: Women and intuition. I think it's weird. Do you not like him? I think Caleb is really likable and trust me, I don't like a lot of people. He says, laughing.

I gulp, uncomfortable. What if Rocky said something? "Do you want me to come join you? I'm a bit bored at home."

Luke: You miss me that much?

"So much, my love. I need you." I say, in an effort to persuade him to come home. "Please, my love, come home. I want to make love to you nonstop, all night long!" I say. It was probably the only way I could get him home.

Luke: Very tempting, Mrs. Carrington, very tempting. Believe me, I'd fly there right away if I could. I'd spend just a few minutes with Caleb and I'll head home. All yours." He says

"No!" I yell, but I take control over myself. "I mean, can't you come right now?" I ask, praying he doesn't see Rocky. I didn't trust Rocky at all.

Luke: Honey, it would be rude to leave him hanging like that. It's polite to at least meet him and cancel there. I'd be home soon. Love you.  He says and hangs up. I close my eyes in defeat, about to cry. I hadn't been at peace since Rocky showed up. I hadn't even had a good nights sleep since he entered my life again. I had to see Rocky one on one and ask him to leave me alone for good. If I didn't take matters into my own hands, things would become messier and would eventually lead to Luke finding out and I couldn't risk Rocky's life. I still loved him.