XVII

"Yes."  He gets up and walks to the window. "We were," He continues, "My father was a good man and his goodness ultimately led to his downfall and the destruction of our family."  I debate on whether to get up from the bed or not, but as I decide on getting up, Luke begins to talk again.

"My father was supposed to be a witness for someone but things ended pretty badly. My sister was the first one to get kidnapped."

"Jesus." I whisper.

He continues, this time, his gaze upon me. "Then they took me. Afterwards, I remember my mother telling me we were moving far away to start a new life- we waited for Diane and she finally arrived." He sits on the couch opposite the bed and crosses his legs.

"We were already going when some men hijacked our car and then they made me watch as my parents were shot, their bodies, thrown into the water." He says smiling. "I didn't shed a tear. Before I could turn, Diane was gone. Last thing I remember was being blindfolded and hit on the head. Then I woke up and realized I'd been sent to an orphanage."

I nod, as tears roll down my face. "Where?" This man really went through a lot.

"Senegal, Africa." He gets up and walks over to me, "You don't know how happy I feel knowing you share my pain. Don't cry, Natalie."He says as he sits and hugs me. I hug him back too, as tight as I can.

"You need to get justice for your parents, Luke. They would want that." I say as I hold his cheek.

"Do you think I should punish those who murdered my parents in cold blood?"

"Yes, definitely but according to the law. They have to pay." I say. There was a need for him to get justice for his dead parents. Bad people needed to be punished for their deeds.

****

It's morning already and it was my first day working at the office with Luke, as his assistant. I'd made sure to wear my best lingerie, and some perfume oil— just incase we wanted to spice things up. I am dressed in a white matching two piece suit that went well with my pale skin, alongside my hair styled into a ponytail.

As I walk down the stairs on the right side, Luke takes the left side and we meet downstairs.

"Mr. Carrington?"

"Good morning, Mrs. Carrington." He says, stylishly checking me out. I knew he was checking me out.

"Good morning" I say, a huge smile plastered on my face.

"I must say, you do look amazing." He extends his hand.

I take it, "And so do you." I say as we head for the car.

We enter the car and leave for the office. We arrive in about 15 minutes. We both get down from the car. I look around and I am beyond impressed.

As if he read my mind, "Impressed?" He asks.

"Very much." I reply.

We enter and immediately, an entourage accompanies us. I adjust my skirt as I begin to feel nervous and anxious. Luke holds my hand and I smile. My bag drops and I bend to pick it when I hear a familiar voice.

"Luke Carrington?" I freeze. Luke is quiet and I get up with shaky legs. My heart beat increases.

"Yes." Luke says in a harsh tone and as I look up I gasp as I recognize the person in front of me. I'm about to call out his name, but I fall into nothingness.

The smell of Alcohol wakes me. I cough. I'm alert, my eyes, scanning the room.

"Natalie, my love. Are you okay?" Luke asks, as he cups my face.