forty: your happiness is my own [[extra]]

Less than a year ago, Jimin never imagined the sight of Yoongi's name showing up on his caller ID would fill him with such joy, but now here he was, on an otherwise boring Saturday morning, trying to bite back his smile as he held his phone up to his ear.

"Hey, baby."

His cheeks felt warm already. It had only been about a week since they started officially dating, and Jimin still couldn't get over how those words made him feel. The soft, tender manner of voice in which they were spoken, the image of Yoongi's fond smile flashing across Jimin's mind every time.

"Morning, Yoongi," he said in somewhat late reply.

"How are you?"

"I'm...good." His voice... "Is...is there a reason you called?"

Jimin heard a quiet laugh from the receiving end. "Can't I just call my boyfriend without a reason?"

Boyfriend. That's right. Yoongi's my boyfriend. "...you can."

"Well, I mean, I did have a reason," Yoongi said, allowing a thoughtful pause to follow his words, as if to intentionally pique the other's interest. "I wanted to ask if you wanted to go on a shopping trip?"

"A shopping trip?"

"A shopping trip," Yoongi repeated, unable to hold back his laughter once again. And oh, how that laughter made Jimin's lovestruck little heart flutter. "I was thinking, maybe, you'd like to remodel your wardrobe?"

"I..." His gaze drifted over to his bureau, still filled with the bland, mostly dark clothing he had been wearing every day for much too long. But then, he looked down at himself, at the mint blue sweatshirt of Yoongi's he had borrowed and fell asleep in last night. He loved wearing Yoongi's clothes, and Yoongi had said it himself, he loved the sight of Jimin wearing his clothes, but at the same time, Jimin also didn't hate the idea of having his own as well. He just didn't really give it thought until the other brought it up. "I'd like that," he said after some time.

"You would? Okay, great, so is it cool if I meet you at your house then and we could take the bus to the mall?"

"That's fine."

"Alright, well, I'll see you in a bit, Jimin."

"Okay, see you."

"Wait, Jimin?"

"What?"

"I love you."

The call ended. And with that realization, Jimin swore he felt a sharp needle prick him, and he hurried to call Yoongi back as though his life depended on it. It took a moment for the call to be answered. But once it did, and once he heard Yoongi's puzzled voice fight to break through, Jimin blurted, "I love you, too."

Then he hung up.

You can't just do that to me, you jerk. This isn't a one-sided thing...

He felt a bit frustrated, but more so embarrassed, especially when moments later Jimin received a text he already knew would be from Yoongi.

Yoongi💕
you're so cute...

me
i'm not...

Yoongi💕
excuse me what was that??
shall i show you that picture i took of you just the other day that i've seriously considered getting printed and framed??

me
no yoongi oh my gosh pls don't do that that's so embarrassing
i don't even know what pic you're talking about but pls don't