nineteen: hero

The end of the day arrived with no one having questioned Jimin or Yoongi about why they were suddenly acting like friends. To most, it was simply too shocking a sight for them to even be near each other, and for those who had witnessed Yoongi smiling and speaking softly to the boy...

Well, it was a bit much to take in.

Despite having just gone there that morning, Jimin and Yoongi both decided to go back to The Golden Spoon—as much as they loved it for its great coffee, it was also just a place to relax and wind down. So they went there together, few words exchanged as they walked.

Upon arrival, Yoongi held the door open for Jimin who made his way to wait in the short line at the counter. Taehyung was working today.

"Afternoon, Jimin!" He beamed. "The usual?"

"Make that two," Jimin answered. "Thank you, Taehyung."

That soft thank you shocked the barista, but he tried not to show it to avoid bothering the clearly tired Jimin.

In a few minutes Jimin brought their two coffees over to the table Yoongi had reserved for them. And he sat down.

They were expecting a peaceful afternoon at this point.

Not long after Jimin had taken the first sip of his coffee, a student from his school entered the coffee shop. And he happened to notice Jimin and Yoongi sitting together at that small table.

He walked towards them.

"Jimin."

The boy flinched, turning his eyes towards the speaker. As did Yoongi. Both of them recognized the student as Kim Younghyun, their classmate.

"This sure is a sight," he said, raising his eyebrows as he stifled a laugh. "Never thought I'd see the day you voluntarily hung around the pastel boy without trying to push him or his things to the ground. What gives, huh?"

Yoongi wanted to snap back at him. But he waited, just in case Jimin wanted to stand up for himself.

"It's weird." Younghyun shook his head in pity. "Everyone thinks so, you know. It happened out of nowhere. I mean, I'm sure you knew that would happen. You made yourself a reputation, Jimin."

"I know."

"Trying to tear it down now?" The boy chuckled. "I mean, you could've found another way. This is probably gonna do you more harm than good, if you ask me. Really, watch yourself, Jimin. If you're not careful, he'll turn you gay, too-"

Yoongi pushed his chair back and abruptly stood up. Younghyun looked at him with puzzled, irritated eyes.

"What's your deal, pastel boy?"

"Get the hell away from him."

Yoongi's harsh tone took Younghyun aback. He squinted at the mint-haired boy.

"Tryna play hero, are you?"

"No, but if you want I'll spit in your face."

"Why would I want that??"

"I dunno, that's just the vibe I'm getting from you right now."