21| Burn 'Em

"We should go, what do you say?" Taehyung's way of dealing with people clearly suggested that he was an amazing dad

"We should go, what do you say?" Taehyung's way of dealing with people clearly suggested that he was an amazing dad. I'm quite proud of my decision of calling Taehyung here. When I nodded in approval, he proceeded with rotating the doorknob and exposing us to the bright lights outside the confining cubicle. "You know what? With you, I got to see women's room for the first time and damn, it's so clean and smells pleasant too."

I giggled in response, standing next to him while washing hands. He looked up at our reflections in the mirror ahead of us and froze. Before he could get lost in the wild run of his uncertain thoughts, the door hastily parted again. An elderly woman stopped at the sight of Taehyung and spoke after grimacing. "Young couples nowadays..."

Taehyung calmly apologized for her offensive comment. I, on the other hand, kept shooting daggers through my gaze in her direction but she didn't bother feeling sorry so I let my thoughts out. "Old assholes nowadays—" Taehyung placed his hand on my mouth to completely shut me and dragged me out to the hallways. "What the hell, Tae?"

"You can't go around cursing people here. She is the wife of the organizer of these awards!" He explained in whispers to avoid getting heard. I bit my lower lip instantly on realising that I almost cut down his chances of winning to zero.

My eyes caught a highly beautiful yet equally hated sight from over Taehyung's shoulder. "Quickly, 180 degrees behind you, that's Jin." I could have given him the exact coordinates of Jin's position if only I knew how to math.

"Uh, o-okay." Taehyung nodded like a dummy and physically stuttered before taking a bend. He turned back to face me quicker than before with a panic-stricken face. "Is this your Jin?" He emphasised on the word 'this' and I bobbed my head confusedly. "Then I might have something upsetting to tell you later... As for now, lemme deal with him."

"Taehyung-ssi? What are you doing here, with her?" Jin could recognize him and the lone fact made me more curious about the upsetting thing the former had kept to himself. "Are you apparently... her new husband?"

"I would rather call myself the only husband she has ever had, Seokjin-ssi." He took a step closer to the self-declared worldwide handsome man. My brain cells squeaked at the thought of having someone to fight Jin for me.

"Oh, she's definitely hiding the whole first marriage thing from you then. I could've given you a proof if I didn't delete her pictures from my phone after she broke my heart." Jin looked directly in my eyes while victimizing himself and I scoffed.

"Well, in that case, I win because I do have proof." Taehyung fished for his phone in his pockets and dialled a number. Standing behind him, I could see he face-timed someone. "Would you like to meet the practical copy of our love, Taehee?" The latter, whom I accepted as my daughter answered the call. "Taehee-ah, meet this fine man."

He purposely turned the screen towards Jin who was bewildered from the beginning to the end. "Who's he, dada?" Taehee unenthusiastically asked while Jin awkwardly waved at the screen.