11| Half Naked

Jungkook's PoV

Jungkook's PoV

Even a 100 dollar bill won't get me to look in her innocent eyes. Maybe put a couple more and I'll do a staring competition with her because I just realized that her eyes are not that innocent but it's not the point. She entrusted me with a big secret and all I gave her back was a betrayal.

A day ago...

"Jungkook I want to talk to you." Taehyung turned around to leave and I just followed him with my head held lower than my middle school grades.

We walked out through the back door to the poolside. "Were you both talking about Minhee?" His deep set of brows slightly furrowed as he confirmed the situation.

"Y-yes." I did think about lying but the bigger, better part of me with virtues didn't allow me to lie to him.

"Didn't you promise me to keep it to yourself? How long have you been knowing Y/N? Do you know if she's trustworthy or not?" He rubbed his temples with irritation while walking closer to the pool. He bent down to roll up his pant legs and further proceeded to dip the exposed skin in chlorinated water. "That wasn't all you talked about, right?"

"I don't think dipping legs in water during this season would be the best idea, Tae." I sighed at his childish act and moved forward to make him stand. He creepily glanced at me from over his shoulder and that was a cue for me to pause. "She was telling me about her ex-husband."

"Go on," He focused on his reflection on the water that momentarily disappeared when he flapped his legs like a fish's fin.

"She had a failed marriage with this guy, Kim Seokjin..." I uncertainly let out every bit of sorrow Y/N shared with me moments ago. My promise didn't even last for a day and I wasn't too proud.

"As much as I do want to believe it, her overwhelming personality doesn't match the situation. She doesn't look depressed." I really felt the urge to just leave him alone to rot when he scoffed. Like, I told you about a lady's miserable past and you laughed at it?

"And what about you? The way you giggled at it, you too don't look like someone who might have felt any pain and definitely not like someone who might have lost their wife. If you think that either one of us is stupid or have forgotten about Minhee, then I must tell you that you're mistaken." I cockily tilted my neck and moved closer enough to kick him off the ledge anytime sooner.

"Ten on ten for the speech but I give you all the time you want to: one, think over your words and my situation again." He fake clapped as he pulled his feet out of cold water. "and two, to realize that you betrayed me as well as her." He walked past me, his words guilting me thousand times more and everything came down to one question,

Will she forgive me ?

Y/N's PoV

That awkward silence enveloped around us like smoke and it made me uncomfortable when it looked as if Jungkook took an oath of silence. "Jungkook, did he suck your soul? Why aren't you saying anything?" I asked genuinely concerned about his well being.