- ' We Shall Take The City. '

‘ The Hundred League Road! ’The Road to Yunkai

The Road to Yunkai

Alyna XII

Alyna proudly rode her silver mare over the plain, desert landscape of Slaver's Bay. The terrain was pretty dry and so whenever they came across a body of water, they had to set up camp so that their horses, livestock and freedmen could all get a drink of water — there were surprising tales of men dying of thirst in the plains of Old Ghiscar. Alyna did not want that fate to befall any of her followers. “Khaleesi,” called out one of her Dothraki as she rode by their camp, “Yes?” she answered in the Dothraki tongue. The man informed her that the forward scouts of their host has already found the city of Yunkai; and that they had a military force of about 5,000 protecting their gates. The Silver Queen didn't take kindly to this news, her freedmen from Astapor were not fighters. They wouldn't survive open field combat. She would have to come up with a way to liberate Yunkai without risking those who decided to follow her. “Find me Lord Tai,” she said while her eyes were locked on the rolling hills before her. One of her Dothraki hurried off to find the man.

A few moments later, Tai was standing beside his Queen who was still mounted on her silver mare. “Your Grace,” he said as he approached the Targaryen girl, his voice as slick as ever. “Lord Tai,” she said while turning to face her advisor, “how many soldiers are in Yunkai?” she asked, she had thought that Yunkai wouldn't keep all of their forces on the outside of the walls. “Well, Your Grace, we can assume that they have a sizeable number of slave soldiers defending their city from behind the walls,” he said with a scowl towards the wide open landscape of the desert. “If I had to guess, I wouldn't say over a thousand,” he said while staring up at the woman on horseback. “As simple slaves, perhaps if met with the armies of freedmen from Astapor, they may refuse to fight for the Wise Masters and instead fight for you,” he said as he glanced back at the Unsullied, remembering what had occurred in Astapor. “But there is still the matter of the free soldiers of Yunkai, and the sellsword companies they've hired. The Stormcrows and the Second Sons,” he said solemnly. Alyna had a lot to think about, but a plan was already hatching in her mind. “I thank you for your counsel, Lord Tai, but we may not need to lay siege to the city...” she said with a sigh. “Send an envoy to Yunkai, offer a parley. Here, in my camp,” the YiTish man bowed and moved to follow his Queen's orders.

It was just a few hours later when Alyna was informed by one of her Dothraki handmaidens that Lord Tai had returned to the camp, this time with an envoy from the Wise Masters of Yunkai, as well as the Captains of the Second Sons. The Master was a slimy man with golden skin, brown eyes and black hair; he spoke the common tongue quite well and had brought a small group of his personal slaves with him. His name was Rakeraz no Koraz and he was a prominent member of the nobility of the Golden City. The Captains accompanying him were known as Mero, a Braavosi, and Brown Ben Plumm, a man of Dothraki and Ibbenese heritage, theu were also joined by Daario Naharis. They didn't seem impressed with Alyna's Unsullied which patrolled the camp, but they certainly paid attention when they came face to face with thee dragons.

Aerion, Rhakaerys and Vhaegar were around the size of a decently sized dog at this point, they were able to fly much higher and farther and their flames were far more intense. They were even beginning to learn their names with each of them responding to vocal commands given by their Mother without really batting an eye. “Your Grace,” said Tai as he entered the tent which housed Alyna, her dragons, Missandei and Grey Worm — the newly appointed Commander of the Unsullied. Alyna nodded as the man retired to her side, waiting for the envoys to speak. With a sigh, Rakeraz began, “The City of Yunkai is ancient and glorious,” he said while staring uneasily at the dragons. “You will find no easy conquest here, Khaleesi,” said the man intently. “We have sellswords, provisions and high walls. But there may be no need for blood shed,” he said with a fake smile. “The Wise Masters are generous and caring, we have brought a tribute to the Mother of Dragons,” he said as his slaves brought forth two large chests of gold. Alyna raised an eyebrow and smirked, staring at Rakeraz. “There is much more where that came from waiting for you on the decks of your ships,” he said with a glare. “We will give you as many ships as you need, as long as you make use of them and sail back to Westeros; where you belong,” he said as Aerion growled lowly.

The Queen had a lot to consider, for the Yunkai'i seemed to have a plan to last through an attack with an army camped outside of their gates, ready to defend them. “I thank you for your gift,” the Silver Queen said, “I promise to make good use of it. I too have a gift for the Wise Rakeraz no Koraz,” she said with a smirk as the man proudly beamed. Nero snorted while Ben and Daario sat silently, observing the girl. “Your life. And the lives of every other Wise Master in Yunkai,” she said sternly. “If in three days you do not release every slave in Yunkai, I will show you no mercy. Your city will be ruined and your names trampled into the dirt,” she said with the same demeanor. Rakeraz was stunned, he leapt from his seat and said, “You underestimate Yunkai! We have powerful friend in the Free Cities and Beyond,” he muttered as he took off with his slaves back to his golden palanquin to return to Yunkai. She sighed, staring at the sellswords, “As for the Captains of the Second Sons, I too have a gift,” and with the clap of her hands, a large barrel of Dornish wine was brought forth. “I implore you to reconsider your allegiances. Take this wine, share it with your men and think about it,” she said as Mero took to his feet.

“Oh, certainly! Maybe not that last part, I don't fight for people with cunts,” he said with a guttural laugh as he watched the barrel loaded onto a cart to take back to the army camp. Alyna sighed, staring at Daario and Ben as they left. She sighed, grabbing a slab of meat and throwing it for her dragons to devour, and they did so ferociously. Missandei looked at Alyna, her eyes wary, “Your Grace, this slight won't be taken lightly. The Yunkish won't bend,” she said calmly. “We won't be able to take their city,” she spoke. But Alyna knew exactly what she was doing and her plan had so far worked perfectly. “Missandei, do not worry. I have a plan, we shall take the city,” she said with a smirk as she gently pet Aerion's head as he laid across her legs.

Sorry this chapter was so short, guys!

I have a lot of schoolwork this week but
I still wanted to get a chapter out to you guys! ♥

Please leave a vote, perhaps a comment?
I would love to know what you think!

Stxnesxng