"And this is where its going to end," Pluto said, grabbing my hand to give it a reassuring squeeze.

"Do you think he knows we're here?" Mercury asked, shifting her hands to two handguns.

"If he does there's no turning back now." Jupiter decided, looking at me and then smiling. Unlike all the unhinged looks he had given me lately, this one seemed more like the Jupiter I knew. Grounded and kind. I had to be wrong about him, I hoped I was wrong.

Glancing over the side of the bridge, Neptune winced. "The rivers current is strong, we should go two at time, so we don't put too much weight on the bridge," She said, and the twins stepped forward.

"Merc and I should go first, in case there's trouble on the other side." Mars volunteered with a nod in agreement from Mercury.

"Very well, step carefully." Neptune then stepped back to mine and Gemma's sides as the twins carefully stepped onto the bridge. It creaked and groaned heavily, but their footing remained solid the whole way across. Once they were safely on the other side, they took a moment to scan the area before giving Neptune a thumbs up. She then turned to the remainder of our group. "Pluto you go next, I'll send Gemma and Abigail after you, so Jupiter can depend our position on this side with me." Looking at me, Pluto then hesitantly let go of my hand and carefully pulled himself across the bridge.

Once he stepped off on the opposite side, it was time for Gemma and I to cross.

"I hate bridges." Gemma muttered, unamused as she began to help me crossed. At first, everything seemed fine, including the stability of the bridge, but then, a buzzing sound was heard, and I felt my heart tighten when dark blue spheres came flying down.

"Drifters! Get down!" Mercury screamed from the other side, but Gemma couldn't react quickly enough and one of them opened fire on the bridge.

"No! Abigail! Gemma!" I heard everyone scream in a panic as they open fired on the drifters. With in moments, the drifters fell one by one around Gemma and I as we gripped each other tightly. Once the last one fell, I found myself frowning.

"I...I thought the drifters shoot to kill?" I said in confusion as I turned to look back at Jupiter, but before I could say anything, the bridge groaned beneath my feet and I heard a loud cracking sound.

"Girls run!" Neptune yelled, right as the boards beneath us gave way from the impact of the bullets and I found myself falling. Instead of landing in the water though, I managed to grab a hold of one of the intact boards. Gemma, unfortunately, wasn't quite as lucky and fell into the strong currents of the water below.

"Gemma!" I cried out as I kicked my leg in her direction so she could grab it, but she was pulled right past me.

"Hold on Abigail! I've got you!" I heard Pluto shout as he grabbed my arm and pulled me back onto the bridge. Once I was safely up, I started crying.

"She can't swim! Gemma doesn't know how to swim!" I frantically shouted and immediately upon hearing that, Jupiter ran onto the bridge and dove off it into the water.

"Jupiter!" Neptune yelled as she also ran onto the bridge and looked over the edge. Anxiously I watched as he swam with impressive strength towards Gemma, who was struggling to stay above the water. Then just when it seemed to be too late, he grabbed her by her shirt, and pulled her into his arms.

"I've got her! I'm swimming back!" Jupiter shouted up to Neptune as he swam back towards the bridge, brilliantly fighting the current.

"Hold on Gemma! You're going to be okay!" Neptune yelled, leaning over the edge as Jupiter swam closer. Once he was almost directly under the bridge, he held Gemma up by the waist so she could grab Neptune's hand. When Neptune had her, she then pulled both them out of the water and back onto the bridge. Quickly then, we all ran off the bridge before further damage could be done, and to the safety of the other side where the twins were waiting for us anxiously.

The second we stepped on solid ground, I hugged Gemma hard. "I thought I was going to lose you, I thought I lost you. You almost died." I sobbed.

Coughing, she gripped me tightly in return. "Its okay Abigail, I'm right here. I'm okay, I'm okay thanks to Jupiter," She said, only making me hold her tighter.

"I'm a search and rescue droid, it's what I do," Jupiter said from behind Gemma, and I looked over her shoulder him.

"Thank you, Jupiter, I don't know what I'd do without you."  

======================================================================================================================================================

Hey guys!

Wow, this story has been getting a lot of foot traffic lately, and I'm super happy about that! Thank you so much for all the reads and votes, I really appreciate ya'lls support :) 

As for the Wattys, I've decided not to enter this year. I learned my story was eligible to late and I didn't have enough time to finish writing and editing this story. Its okay though, there's always next year!

Mari.