Lightning

Summary: ʙᴀᴇᴋʜʏᴜɴ ɪs sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ᴀ sᴛᴏʀᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴʏᴇᴏʟ ᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛs ʜɪᴍ 8/8/19

Lightning flashes across the sky, thunder crackling loudly in the distance. Baekhyun lies under his pile of blankets, shaking as he clutches Mr Fluffles tightly. He eyes Chanyeol, who's sleeping comfortably and carefree beside him, unaware of the storm outside.

He's scared- so, so terrified of the storm. What if the lightning strikes the house? What if the storm breaks in and destroys the whole place? What if the wind and rain smashes the windows? He swallows, covering his mouth with a shaking hand to hide his sobs.

He knows being scared of storms is stupid, and he wants to be independent. But most importantly, he doesn't want to disturb his Daddy. Chanyeol's had a long day at work, and Baekhyun wants him to have a good night's rest.

Baekhyun sits up, shakily stumbling to the door. Maybe a cup of warm water will help. He tries to leave the room quietly, but suddenly a bright flash of lightning strikes across the sky and he releases a pitiful yelp of fear. He sinks to the floor, tears streaming down his face in utter terror.

He's so close to having a panic attack, feeling his breath stuck in his throat, feeling everything swim around him. He doesn't notice as Chanyeol questioningly gets up, before spotting him curled up into a ball by the door.

He only vaguely registers it as big, warm hands start to slowly pat his back, a deep, soothing voice trying to calm him down. "Baby? Baby, listen to me, okay? Deep breaths. Slowly. Breathe in, breathe out. Good job, breathe in, breathe out."

Baekhyun sobs, trying to ignore the thunder and lightning as he focuses on his Daddy's voice. Slowly, he calms down and opens his teary eyes to look up at him.

Though he looks a bit tired, Chanyeol warmly smiles down at him, wrapping his arms around him. "Are you okay baby? I'll go get you some water okay?" Baekhyun nods quietly, trying to steady his breathing.

Chanyeol comes back quickly, gently tilting the cup into his mouth and stroking his back as he drinks the water. The warm water travels down his throat and a warmth fills his body. Chanyeol puts the cup on their bedside counter, lifting Baekhyun up onto the bed.

He tucks him into bed, squishing Mr Fluffles into his arms and going to draw the curtains close. He returns to bed, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun, resting his chin on his head.

Baekhyun snuggles into his Daddy's comforting warmth, feeling him pepper light kisses into his hair. "Shh, try and sleep, okay baby? I'll be right here."

Baekhyun hums, hugging him back and closing his eyes before slowly falling into a deep sleep, lovingly held by his Daddy.

---------------------------------------------------------
Sorry I haven't updated in so long! Today I was really in the mood for some fluffy cuddle fics so here you guys go uwu