|26|

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
Areum
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

I checked the clock, it was 8am. I was definitely running late but I just woke up right now. I hurried and took a quick fix before going out of the room.

As I opened the door, I spotted Chenle by the stairs. "Taehee wanted me to take you to the campus safely since she got called by the Admins for a meeting." He said as he slid his phone in his pocket. It was a beautiful Tuesday or what I supposedly feel like.

Chenle is indeed a talkative person but no one beats Donghyuck in that game. Everyone recognized me after being gone for long. I missed some events and activities. The first semester is ending soon, I'm going to tire myself.

"Noona, I've gotta go.. Jisung texted me to see him." Chenle tapped my shoulder and bid good bye after. I nodded and waved at him. I continued walking towards the classroom and suddenly some group of unfamiliar girls rolled their eyes at me. Me being me, I don't care about their fake eyelash extensions.

The classroom was the usual: noisy. Jaemin and Haechan were already around. Jane was sitting with them too. "Hello!" Haechan greeted me first then followed by Jaemin. I dropped my bag on my seat before going to them. "Hey Rae Lin just talked to me." Jane held two invitations in her left hand.

"Lucky you." I took one of the invitations and opened it.

╔═══ °∴,*⋅✲ ══〖✰〗══ ✲⋅*,∴° ═══╗
!Saturday Night!
You are invited to Rae Lin's 18th birthday!
______JUN AREUM______
╚═══ °∴,*⋅✲ ══〖✰〗══ ✲⋅*,∴° ═══╝

"Cool." I was amazed by the pink tainted invitations with huge flowers and butterflies on the square card stock. "We're invited!" Jane smiled widely. "Don't you find it odd?" Jaemin interrupted.

"She hasn't visited you and she's your best friend." He looked at me with concern. "C'mon maybe she's busy." Jane playfully slapped on his shoulder but he didn't looked convinced. "Did she tell you why?" Haechan asked Jane. She spun around to face the tan skinned boy and shook her head 'no'.

"Jaemin, you're just anxious. Rae Lin wouldn't leave me without an explanation. Maybe she's busy for the past months." I defended her because she's my best friend and the same time Jaemin has a point. I promised myself to find Rae Lin and talk. "I'm just stating a point." He shrugs his shoulders as he sat down. He checks his phone and immediately drops it on the floor.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. "N-Nothing. Just some lame chain mail." He hurriedly keeps his phone in his bag. We all exchanged glances and left him alone. Renjun arrived after an urgent meeting with his team. "I feel drastically tired since the first semester is going to end soon." He dropped himself as he sat.

"More projects are coming and I don't know if my sanity is keeping up—"

"Since when were you sane, Renjun?" Haechan chuckled softly.

"I'll fuck up your snow globes later if you try to piss me off." Renjun turned to the ash brown haired male. Haechan averted his gaze while holding his laughter. Everyone seemed to be present except for one.

"Yah—woah?!" Haechan and Jaemin's jaw dropped as soon a person got in. Jeno had his hair dyed back to its natural color, black. It wasn't slicked back or parted, he let his bangs lay on his forehead. "Jeno, why?" The silver haired boy asked first as Jeno placed his stuff on his desk. "I thought being simple would be good?" He glances at me with a grin. Everyone took a good look at him before reacting. I tried not to blush real hard but he looked so mesmerizing. It was better having blond hair. He looked youthful.

"You look great." I complimented and sat down right away. I heard a soft snicker from him. I bet he knows I'm bashful about me complimenting. I opened my notebook then suddenly I felt a hand on my head. "Jeno, don't ruin my hair—"

He bent down and whispered to my ear, "You look beautiful, babe."

It sent me instant shivers down to my spine. He moved away from my face. "Thanks Areum." He said as if he didn't try to set my face on fire now. The girls in my class glared at me. As if I cared, they can be angry. It's not like I lose something, right?

In between classes, Jeno kept on throwing tiny crumpled papers at my back. I turned to him annoying to stop. "Pick it up and read." He mouthed. I did what he asked and read the paper.d

Let's eat lunch together. Rooftop. Alone.

A smile lingered between my lips and kept the paper  inside my pocket. I patiently wait for lunch break to come.

"Areum." Jeno called as I kept my stuff. "Hmm?" I answered him. People were going out for lunch and few persons were staying inside the classroom. "Areum." He called again but this time he sounded impatient. I hurriedly took my lunch box then suddenly he grabbed my hand and went out. "Jeno?" I was taken aback by his sudden action.

"You're so slow." He mutters. He didn't care if people saw us. His friends were at the lockers and noticed us walking really fast. They slowly followed us behind to the rooftop.

"I thought this was alone?" I looked at Jeno.

"Yeah but they found out so I couldn't argue with them." He said with a sad tone.

"Yah, these two are trying to have an alone time but not on my watch!" Haechan's laughter was painful to my ears since his tone was a bit higher than a normal male. Jane also walked with them which made feel comfortable since she's here.

Everyone sat in a circle and the weather was perfect.

"You know girls might try to threaten noona and we don't want that." Chenle said as he opened his lunch box. "Why is Chenle bringing his own lunch?" Haechan pointed at him. Everyone stopped and glanced at the junior. "My mom arrived yesterday so she prepared me lunch." He answered.

"Mother Zhong came to see President Zhong, I see." Haehcan teased the Chinese boy who is just having a peaceful lunch. "I don't want to be a president, that's Renjun hyung's job." The boy was humble which was the remarkable trait he has. He may be a rich kid but he never showed signs that he is.

"Let's go shopping later, Areum. We need clothes for Rae Lin's party." Jane suggested. "As long we get back by 7, I don't wanna pass out publicly." I told her. "We'll come with you then." Chenle was the first fo reply before Jeno could say something. "You say fashion—I'm what you need." Jaemin flips his imaginary long hair at us.

"And Jeno is driving." Haechan slowly pats the newly raven haired boy. "You drove yourself here, am I right?" He adds to annoy Jeno. Jeno just grimaces at his best friend.

"If some of you couldn't fit in Jeno's car, hop in to my car." Chenle always is kind to enough to let these idiots come. "Hey Renjun, don't you have a car?" Jane asks the second silent person in the group aside from Jisung. "My mother grounded me for hitting a tree while I was sending Haechan home one night." He tried not to get embarrassed about but too late, Jane had a boisterous laughter which is contagious.

"I can't have my driver's license after a month. It's either mother sends me off, I commute or Chenle's car." Renjun looked so devastated remembering his mistake.

"Poor injoonie." Haechan mocked him which made Renjun crack his knuckles and stood up. "Yah, I was just joking! Renjun you love me right?" Haechan slowly backed away.