9

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
Jeno
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

I sat by the bleachers as I watch my dumb friends play dodge ball on a sunny day.

I declined to play and ate my lunch with Jaemin by my side. The rest of them played with weird faces. "I'm gonna miss these things soon." My attention was grabbed by the poetic boy beside me. "We're graduating soon and I'm not ready to lose my baby Jisunh." His smile got bigger when he talks about our youngest friend, Jisung.

Although he barely says a word, he remains to be a good sport and can easily communicate with us. I suddenly thought of what Jaemin just did. It kinda breaks my heart a little facing the reality of us 4 moving to different colleges or universities. I'd miss everyone.

Am I even going to a University? No.

I just can't picture myself as a plain uni student. I was formed to be a prince. Jaemin noticed my expression and slung his arm around me. "I know what you're thinking." He proceeds patting my back.

"You want to date Areum?" I immediately choked while eating. He directly gives me his bottle water. "Did my words hit you harder in the gut of yours?" He still had the time and chance to joke around. "No! why I date her?" I furrowed my eyebrows at the lovable Na Jaemin of Emerald Academy.

"You seemed like uninterested with a girl the on date last time." Jaemin was pretty sure he was monitoring him 24/7. "We talked. I don't know where we are both heading."  I continued eating my lunch despite that I ruined my pants with food sediments.

"Do you like her or not?" Jaemin's tone went from lazy to stern. "I said I don't know." I replied.

"Don't talk to her if you're uninterested. Just tell her nicely that you don't wanna talk to her anymore." I don't know this man is nice to anyone even on the part of 'don't wanna talk to her anymore'

"I'll keep on talking to her. Maybe it'll change." I finished my lunch. Jaemin just shook his head while chuckling. "If you're desperately trying avoid something, confront it. I swear Lee Jeno, you cannot run away from anything." He sounded so serious to the point it was kind of annoying. I'm not running away, am I?

I went to class after Lunch. Hours went by,  I decided to go to the rest room. I was greeted by Haechan's confused expression at a cubicle. "What's up with your expression?" I went to one of the cubicles beside him.

After doing my business, I went out and still found him sitting on the toliet lid, his jaw was on his palms as he sat there with a blank expression.

"Donghyuck?" I called out. He regained consciousness of his surroundings. "I'm sorry but.. I'm contemplating things." He looks lost in the way he say it. "Contemplate about the things you wasted last week." I was serious about the things he did bought but never had the intention to use them. 

He joined me as we walked of the restroom. He began talking about this random girl from another class that she's too cheap in his eyes. I decided to pretend that I was listening to his gibberish.

It is Wednesday. I did remember that Areum would give the journal during the last period. She was with her best friends, talking about guys possibly. I went inside with Donghyuck being a flirt as usual. Areum turned to me with an alert expression. "Here you go.." She placed the leather journal on my desk before resuming talking to her friends.

I glanced at her before looking back at the A5 sized journal. I sat down and took the journal inside my bag. The teacher went in and called everyone to go back to their respective seats.

In the middle of the lecture, everyone was already at war between their focus and sleepiness. I rarely get sleepy since I wasn't doing much boxing practices these days.

It was just a second, I heard a soft thud to the person in front of me. Areum's head was obviously on her desk and deemed to be already sleeping. The teacher went out to get some papers. Donghyuck whispered something to Renjun and the both of them laughed. It was a rare event that the two were getting along on something mischievous.

Jaemin was busy reading books. It was clear that he is busy with his club.

Donghyuck crumpled pieces of papers and formed them into a ball. I watched them giggling over the paper and threw it straight to Areum's head.

Areum woke up and turned her back while squinting at me. "Asshole what do you want?" She spat.

"I did not do anything—"

"Oh save it. One more hit and I'll make your life miserable."She glared as if looks could kill. Once she turned back to the board. I punched Donghyuck's shoulder. "Now, I got a death threat because of you!" I whispered to the brown haired boy who's having his mischievous grin on his bright face.

"I'll wipe that freaking grin off your face, idiot." I shot a glare at him before the teacher came back with some important school slips. The other two quietly snickers as the day ended.