|20|

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
Jeno
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

"Jeno?"

I turned around to see Haechan popping his head from the door. I closed the journal and placed it on my table.

"Leave please. I don't want to see your face—"

"Let me speak for freak sake! I can't stand seeing our friends divided." Haechan restrained. I scoffed as I tried to close my door. Haechan still tried not to close it until I felt a strong force behind the door.

The door swing open to reveal an angry Huang Renjun. "You better keep your shit together,Prince Lee Jeno." He snarled as he grabbed me by the collar.

"What's your damage, Renjun?" I looked at him in disgust.

"Fuck your excuses! I can't take it anymore! You shitholes should talk not fucking raise your egos." Renjun for the first time called me a shithole. He just became the SC president of the school—the SC president called me a shithole.

Haechan stood there shocked and confused. I pushed Renjun away and fixed my collar. "Why do you care?!" I yelled at him. I'm sick of him meddling in every problem I have.

"Because you're my friend idiot!" Renjun was so mad. He walked towards me and punched me in the face. "Snap out of it! It's been 4 months! It's winter! Let us not be cold to each other!" He exclaimed.

"You're the cold guy! You made someone cry because of your nefarious problematic attitude!" I provoked him and Taehee's situation before. He widen his eyes and pounced on me. "It's not about me, bastard!" His fist landed on my left cheek. "It's about you and Jaemin... and.."

"Areum."

"Don't you even dare say her name!" I quickly inverted our positions. I'm on top and I had the advantage to crush Renjun. Haechan pulled me from behind to restrain my actions.

"Assholes!" We three turned to the guys by the door. Jaemin looked so pissed and behind him are the youngsters. "You shitheads had the audacity to fight huh?!" Jaemin threw himself and fought with us. Haechan was being pushed back. Chenle and Jisung tried to stop us 3 from punching with each other.

"You're an idiot for hurting Taehee like that!" Jaemin slapped Renjun's right cheek. "Think like a proper gentleman and be grateful that you won your position because Taehee defended you in her own way!" Jaemin gave him an uppercut. Renjun stumbled behind as he fell.

I managed to kick Jaemin with the shin. He knelt down as he winced in pain. I didn't care about my face right now. I grabbed him by the collar. "Why the fuck are you here?" I grunted under my breath.

"I came here to talk but I saw you two fighting which ruined the mood." Jaemin threw a dirty smirk which boiled my blood.

"I can't stand to be around you!" I pushed him away from me. "Leave. Take Renjun with you!" I ordered them to do so.

"I'm not listening to you." Jaemin said. I turned around to see him standing firmly. "Remember that I am a prince and you can't disobey my order, Jaemin." I poked in his chest harshly. He didn't bulged but gave me a glare. Renjun was wincing in pain as Haechan carried him.

"You are a prince but you're no one." Jaemin spat bitterly. "You never wanted to be a prince so I'll treat like some spoiled brat." He went closer.

"Hyung.." Jisung pleaded.

"You just freaking ran away when I was holding Areum in the infirmary. You never talked to me since that day." Jaemin nagged. "I needed you those times that Areum was just admitted to hospital. You rejected my calls and rarely replied back to my texts about the updates for her health." He raised his hands up and down as he explained.

"4 months, you ghosted me." His voice lowered. "I would like to remind you, no matter how prideful shit you are.. I still care for you. I know everything you cherish." Jaemin's voice changed from being mad to slowly breaking into sobs.

"Remember the day, you told me the cheesiest line I ever heard.." Jaemin let out a soft chuckle. "You felt like cupid hit you so hard that you couldn't stop thinking about Areum during our freshmen year?" The memory he mentioned was one the things I will always remember. It was so memorable because it was the first day that I laid eyes on her.  Haechan's jaw dropped along with the other 3 guys.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Jaemin asked that he was shedding tears already.

"Because I'm envious of you." I said it softly.

"What?" Jaemin didn't get what I was saying.

"I said that I'm envious of you." I cleared my throat. His reaction seemed confused. "Why would a prince get jealous of me? I'm just a child of a well-known doctor." Jaemin scoffed but he waited for my response.

"People like your personality. I'm not socially friendly to others. I am deemed as a cold 'rich kid' in school. Areum tends to talk to you more and I kind of forgot our friendship which I crossed the line." I wanted to make up with Jaemin. It was so wrong for me to ignore for 4 months. I felt like it was petty. It is just some feelings that I couldn't restrain.

"You think I have thing for Areum?" He asks the only question that I wanted.

"I don't like her. She's just not even my type. Sure she's friendly, beautiful and smart but ehh.. she's way out of my league." Jaemin's eyes glimmered. I felt bad, real bad. I hurt my one and only best friend. It wasn't only Areum but everyone loves Jaemin and it got into my head. I shouldn't have closed myself from him and others.

I wiped off the sweat on my forehead. "You should know better!" Renjun had the strength to yell at me. It was so messed up. I messed up so bad.

The door was slammed open to see Donghae mad. "Why the hell are you all yelling?!" He stomped inside. "Why are you three all beat up?! Jeno you should know that you have 2 weeks left to prepare for your official engagement party!" Donghae was so mad that he scolded us 6 at the same time.

"I expect all of you!" He went near Jaemin. The silver haired boy flinched, knowing he's afraid of my brother. "To be in your best behavior! Good thing mother isn't here or it's going to be a huge headache." He sighed as he massaged his temples.

Donghae left the room for he has other princey matters to attend to.

"You're gonna get engaged?! I mean you're 19 and—"

"Chenle, I am already engaged for 7 months now. We didn't had a celebration and mother wants to it be publicly announced." I cut off the Chinese boy before he could finish. He let out a loud gasp. "Good thing I wasn't born royalty." Renjun chuckled.

"Renjun, your mom is a princess." Haechan looked at him. "She used to be a princess." Renjun rolled his eyes at him. I stopped and looked at him.

"Your mom is a princess?" I repeated. Renjun let out an annoyed sigh and sat on the bed. "She had to abdicate her rank because she married my dad. He might be a successful businessman but he's a commoner to my grandfather's eyes." He explained.

"It's common for royal families to have that kind of case." I agreed with his explanation. I've heard many cases about royalties abdicating their ranks just to marry and other reasons.

"Are we cool?" I placed my hand on Jaemin's shoulder. He didn't answer but just stared at me blankly. "You need to treat everyone hot pot tonight." His request made everyone broke into laughter.

"You ghosted everyone—well except for Renjun." Jaemin grinned slightly.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it—"

"Come here baby Jeno." Haechan faked smooching my forehead as he hugged me. "Baby Jeno it is okay~" He caressed my hair. I felt the goosebumps on my skin. I hate cute gestures. Renjun went outside to answer a call and seemed to leave right away.

I'm glad to have them back.